Aurion Sx6 Sunburnt Orange

Hi Fokes. I am new to here and new to Aurion. I brought a second hand car 2007 model few days ago and I am enjoying it so much..

Here it my questions.

1. I want to check the Break pads and change it if needed. How we can check the pad condition and how we change it

2. How we can change the oil and do we have to change the oil filter when I change the oil ?

Thank you

Hi Fokes. I am new to here and new to Aurion. I brought a second hand car 2007 model few days ago and I am enjoying it so much..

Here it my questions.

1. I want to check the Break pads and change it if needed. How we can check the pad condition and how we change it

2. How we can change the oil and do we have to change the oil filter when I change the oil ?

Thank you

To check the brake pads its easiest just to remove the wheel and check the thickness of the pads at the top of the caliper. You will generally hear a squealing sound when braking if they need to be changed anyways. To change them its usually just a case of removing the 2 bolts that hold the caliper in place and lifting it off the disc. Then you will want to check the brake disc for signs of warping, cracks or any unusual wear. Good practice is to have the brake discs machined when doing all of this just to be sure. You will have to check the disc thickness before doing this to make sure it can still be used.

Replacing the pads its usually a case of using a caliper tool to press the pistons back allowing room for the new pads. Making sure you catch any brake fluid that might overflow from the master cylinder. Then refitting the caliper and using special grease on the rods if it is a sliding caliper.

Thats a bit of a rough guide but it should get you on the right track.

To change to oil its always a good idea to do the filter at the same time. To change the oil just warm the engine up for a few minutes, then shut it off. Simply removed the drain plug at the very bottom of the engine being careful of the warm/hot oil. Make sure you drain it all into a pan. Then simply replace the drain plug with new washer and refill the motor till it reaches the fill point on the dipstick. Start the motor for a few seconds to make sure the oil light goes out. Then simply turn the motor off again and recheck the dipstick (you will usually need to add a touch more oil).

I dont actually have an Aurion but its pretty much the same for most cars you work on :)

You don't have to remove the wheel to check the brake pads. You can just look through since you have a SX6. Just change them when they squeak every time you brake. That means that the metal indicator is hitting the rotor which is about the right time to change brake pads.

As for oil changing yes you do need a oil filter. To change oil this pdf will show you the steps: http://members.cox.net/n0v8or/avalon_oil_change.pdf

Have a read of the Aurion FAQ. All your questions are already answered there.

You don't have to remove the wheel to check the brake pads. You can just look through since you have a SX6. Just change them when they squeak every time you brake. That means that the metal indicator is hitting the rotor which is about the right time to change brake pads.

As for oil changing yes you do need a oil filter. To change oil this pdf will show you the steps: http://members.cox.net/n0v8or/avalon_oil_change.pdf

Have a read of the Aurion FAQ. All your questions are already answered there.

Hi Guys

Thank you very much for your help on this and I am going to change the oil and filter tomorrow and if I have any questions l will let you know

:)

Thank you so much for the instructions and I was able to service my car successfully and the information was very useful. I just wanna clarify something

1. Is Aurion have a timing belt and when I should change? My car done 80,000km's

2. I checked the break pads off all 4 wheels and I think rear pads there is about 6-7mm but in the front about 3mm, Do you know how long I can use them front and rear ?

Also I used Castrol Sami Syantic oil and Ryco oil filter, It cost me around $60 for the oil and filter change. I got the Castrol oil 5L for $38.00 from Super Cheap

Thank you

Regards

Priyesh

Thank you so much for the instructions and I was able to service my car successfully and the information was very useful. I just wanna clarify something

1. Is Aurion have a timing belt and when I should change? My car done 80,000km's

2. I checked the break pads off all 4 wheels and I think rear pads there is about 6-7mm but in the front about 3mm, Do you know how long I can use them front and rear ?

Also I used Castrol Sami Syantic oil and Ryco oil filter, It cost me around $60 for the oil and filter change. I got the Castrol oil 5L for $38.00 from Super Cheap

Thank you

Regards

Priyesh

1. The Aurion uses a metal chain so you will never have to change it unless something goes horribly wrong.

2. When you get continuous brake squeal then that's the time to change the brake pads. When you change the brake pads it's highly recommended that you change all 4 corners each time and not the front 2.

I'm assuming you bought 10w-40 Castol Magnatec? You need 6.1L of oil not 5L but i only needed 5.8L when i changed my oil.

Yes I used around 6.1 liters and I brought 2 bottles so that I can use next time..

Ohh thats soo good this car have a timing chain. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I will keep monitoring the breaks whether it makes noise....

Hmm Now I am thinking to do a window tint .....

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance you might be able to get the paint code for the Sunburnt Orange for your Aurion for me?

I have a 1993 Toyota Supra painted in Aurion Orange, But I have some damage to both side skirts (just some paint damage as the car is so low). I am however, having trouble getting the paint matched. Im hoping giving them the paint code would help.

Cheers,

Josh

Edited by Soul Stealer