What to watch out for??

hey guys, am seriously considering buying a sportivo in the next few months (with help from my tax return $$$), and i'm just wondering what are the major things i should look out for. i've read to go for one that is completely stock (so its less likely to be thrashed) and one with a complete service history etc, but are there any big or little problems that you guys have come across that could be picked up before purchasing?? also i'm pretty sure i wanna go for an 05 cuz the facelift rollas look much more aggressive, anyone got any other opinions that would sway my decision??

cheers

Read the start of the forum. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/forum/4-corolla-corolla-sportivo-club/ That should give you a fair idea as to what you should look out for. It might take a couple of hours to read but hey, you will soon learn about the mighty power and fun the Corolla Sportivo brings to your life. It is a hard car to let go once you have released the power of 1hp to one CC.

Buy one that is factory spec., the value will only increase. Being driven hard is expected, as to a 'normal car'; revving to 8200 brings on the adrenalin, and the ever wishful event of changing gears whilst in 'lift'. There are no real problems with the car and every car is different, however, if the deal is to good to be true then be wary. Aggressive they are not, I would say stealth. Take one for a test drive and scare yourself (freeway on ramp, 98 in 2nd). As I said when I bought mine 5 years ago, 'this going straight to the pool room it'll be a collectors item one day'.