Console fix/change

YUM14U

I recently purchased a 2nd Aurion as a runabout and the centre console is very loose. The 2 bolts at the base of the storage compartment that hold the rear of the console to the floor are still intact but the plastic around the base that support the bolts is broken. I have aqcuired another console from a wreck which is infact in better condition than the one currently in the car and was wondering if anyone has done a console swap......If so, could you please provide some advice on doing this so that I dont go and break stuff. I know how to take apart the middle section (the section that you need to remove to get to the stereo)and can see various clips and screws that hold other sections of the console in place. Basically just need to swap over the storage compartment if that can be seperated from the rest of the console?

Thanks!!!

The best thing to give you an idea on how to approach this would be to have a look at the following manual:

Instrument_Panel.pdf (if you can't view it, log out of your Google Account)

I know it's not exactly for our Aurion, but I have pulled my old Aurion apart and can say that the service manual attached will give you some indication on where clips are and how things are held together. Combine this with the guide on how to remove the centre console for your stereo removal (please look at the FAQ's) and you should be fine.

My for sale topic has disappeared from the buy and sell section :(

If you don't have luck finding the parts, I have a dash pad for sale (in Melbourne). Send me a message if you want to know more.

dashairbag.jpg

Edited by 450HP/tonne

I recently purchased a 2nd Aurion as a runabout and the centre console is very loose. The 2 bolts at the base of the storage compartment that hold the rear of the console to the floor are still intact but the plastic around the base that support the bolts is broken. I have aqcuired another console from a wreck which is infact in better condition than the one currently in the car and was wondering if anyone has done a console swap......If so, could you please provide some advice on doing this so that I dont go and break stuff. I know how to take apart the middle section (the section that you need to remove to get to the stereo)and can see various clips and screws that hold other sections of the console in place. Basically just need to swap over the storage compartment if that can be seperated from the rest of the console?

Thanks!!!

probably too late - but there was a customer service exercise on the console box where the internals that bolt to the rear lower braket are replaced. suspect cause was a chemical reaction between the steel and plastic and when the new one was installed there were sticky pads placed on the steel to insulate it from the new plastic. These repairs were done under warranty