Suitable different wheels?

Hi people,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but i did a search in the forum and could not find any previous posts for this.

I've just purchased a 2008 Aurion Sportivo, and I'm interested in finding out what different set of wheels (rims) I could put on it. I'd like to hear other people's opinions of both brands and sizes - specifically if anyone actually have custom wheels on their car. Don't worry about brands of tyres (I'll find nice ones to suit, once I can find some nice wheels).

The factory ones look OK, but I'd like to step them up a little. However, I've looked at a few on the web but can't imagine them on my car - none I find seem to asthetically suit. I've been checking out other Aurions on the road and none seem to have custom wheels.

So.. anyone got some suggestions? Does anyone put custom wheels on?

eg... do 19" look too much on an Aurion? is there any issues with certain widths (ie: guard rubbing)?

Everyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First of all welcome to the forums, nice to have another Aurion owner here.

Regarding wheels, there is a fair bit on the forums here if you do a search, but also check out the Aurions in the Members Ride section - many many of us have aftermarket wheels. Further more a simple google image search of "Aurion Wheels" uncovered over 82000 images, most of which included Aurions with aftermarket wheels.

With size, people have put 20s on their Aurion before any fitment doesn't appear to be an issue. 19s are a nice all round size for an Aurion, but most people (myself included) are happy enough with just 18s filling their guards. It's personal preference but don't be too concerned about fitment as the Aurion is a pretty easy car to deal with in that regard.

Thanks for the welcoming (its great to find others who appreciate their Aurion as much as I love mine. The best car I've owned to date).. and thanks for the suggestions. I originally did a little google searching but google images hadn't crossed my mind! Nice variety comes up, though it'll be hard to determine brands. But at least its a start. And I'm just checking out the Member-Rides section, as you've pointed out. This forum is so large, its easy for a newbie to get lost in here. Thanks ;-) I'll trying a little more refined searching in the appropriate groups....

So.. anyone got some suggestions? Does anyone put custom wheels on?

eg... do 19" look too much on an Aurion? is there any issues with certain widths (ie: guard rubbing)?

This is why I created the FAQ as one place to get started. No need to search as the answers are right in front of you.

The TOCAU Aurion FAQ

If you are after details on aftermarket wheel/tire sizes, please start by having a look at the following thread:

Aurion Wheels / Rims / Tyres / Tires Specification Thread

As for asking what looks good, only you can answer that question as we aren't the ones to decide how you should judge things.