Power FC tuning for 2zzge + Brisbane

he has a celica so no need for the harness :)

Very observant :P

Wow! I thought tuning would cost sub 1k, would it take less time since i have a celica and don't have the problems with harness, temp gauge settings?

Celica/Sportivo has no bearing on how long it takes to complete the tune. I'm a little suprised it took Matt 6 hours though as he's tuned a few PFC 2zz's...

6 Hours seems long, unless he had some issues with it, or wanted the tune perfected?

My tunes have been 2-3 hours from Matt Spry.

999 have done the 2zz-ge before, but not sure on how good they are. Crossley's have also done a 2zz, but not sure if they still have the same tuner that did it, CHA54 might know?

Paul is still at Crossley's, he's the owner ;) He does nice safe tunes which wont leave you with a popped engine.

I believe Steve did the tuning on Matt's car a few years ago.

I'll be taking my turbo 2zz to Paul to get the top end dialed in

Edited by CHA54

I'm actually wanting to spend my tax return on something and I originally decided on PPE headers + full custom mid pipe (hi flow cat and resonator). I already have done my custom magnaflow axel back exhaust.

That however is going to cost around the vicinity of 1-1.5k....

Getting the Apexi Power FC (possibly second hand) and tune might go for about the same as well.

Anyone have any advice on which I should go for if I'm on a budget?

Thanks.

If on a budget? I'd go the exhaust option. If you go the ECU option you'd probably want to retune it after mods to get more power out of them. That said, I found the mid range gains from a tune to be awesome; I haven't had an exhaust fitted so don't know what the gains are like with it. Only car with the exhaust done was Northy's Sportivo and it had all the bolt ons you could bolt on, it went hard though.

If on a budget? I'd go the exhaust option. If you go the ECU option you'd probably want to retune it after mods to get more power out of them. That said, I found the mid range gains from a tune to be awesome; I haven't had an exhaust fitted so don't know what the gains are like with it. Only car with the exhaust done was Northy's Sportivo and it had all the bolt ons you could bolt on, it went hard though.

I bought the ECU just yesterday hahaha....

What mods did you have and what typical gains did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

I've got a couple dyno sheets in my ride thread, click on the image in my signature to link to it.

Peak gains were minimal for me, but gained a lot mid range. I'm up about 15kW at 6000rpm.

Only enigne mods I have are the Piper stage 2 cams.

it went hard though.

..............until it went TOO hard. :P :lol:

Did it blow? lol...

I was running my Power FC on base map before and I'm not quite sure if it was knocking.

Driving around normally I registered knock levels of below 15 but then at LIFT full throttle and hard shift I registered max knock of 45.

I better get it tuned first...

it went hard though.

..............until it went TOO hard. :P :lol:

Did it blow? lol...

it blew and blew in quite a spectacular way... :lol:

lol... don't just stop there :P

What happened?