DRIFT DAY THIS SAT

Can we drift a Sportivo? I think can drift FF cars, just harder and won't be as fun as an FR or MR :lol: But should be a great atmosphere there with heaps of cool cars. Too bad i am not going, maybe if there is one in Sydney :P

drifting a mr car is hard and requires a lot of skill, its harder to predict the handling as compared to fr as if you back of the accelerator it generally corrects it self pretty easy but can also suffer from snap oversteer if pushed to hard, ive never seen a mr car used for drift purposes for this reason, if any one has id be interested to see the info :)

ive seen more then 1 mr2 drifitng. no where near as many as rwd tho.

if u watch the drift bible by japans 'drift king' (the guy from Best Motoring), he drifts one.

BTW unless u dont kno how drift is done or want to kno, dont buy the drift bible.

Edited by illuminati

Drifting a FF car would be extremely difficult as you would lose momentum and you would be hard pushed to maintain it as any attempt would result in your car coming out of the slide. a rear wheel drive can use the spin of the back wheels to maintain the momentum of the car. In theory a rear wheel drive car could drift until the tires popped.

i can get the vectra to drift(if u can call it that, i dunno)

i just brake late(real late) and the body weight get distributed well and the wheels screeching and the back comes out. the more i brake during the corner while the wheels r screeching the more the bak comes out. its ballanced really weel for that dort of stuff, alot of fun! its an auto btw so it is pretty much in neutral while this is happening(damn auto, i hate u)

i might just go. i didnt kno of this event till now.

i went last year tot he extreme race thingy

i think this is the same thing but diff name.

it was pretty cool. some pretty hardcore civics. ill prob enter the rolla next year once its done up abit and worn in sufficiently.