spendin spree

why is everybody saying to do the powerfc last?

It's not that much for a re-tune when you add or change engine components, and the ability to up the rev-limit will allow you to stay in the powerband on shifts with more ease.

Also add-in the cost of an FC-Datalogit of you go for a powerfc, it's well worth the $495.

I would personally just get a PowerFC full stop! The US Celicas use PowerFC, HD clutch and lightweight flywheels to acheive low 14sec 1/4mile passes. Shame on us :P

The tuner is the most vital part of any ECU tuning don't matter if its Unichip, Motec, PowerFC, HKS F-ConV.. if the tuner is inexperienced and stuffs up just once, itcould mean big things. And also since the PowerFC is so reputable, tuners will definitely charge a premium.. getting it retuned every now and again will depend on how serious you are with the car.. It's like your lover, if you are serious abt her, you won't think abt how much money you spending :D

Z

^^^stock final drive ratio is 4.529

Thanks Weiwei, hmm well i guess that is pretty good so modifying the stock final drive won't do much good.. :unsure:

like i said gearing is perfect i can land lift in an gear every time never miss!!! LSD is a must if you want to go fast on corners, the stivo's suspensions is also much better than everyone thinks! i'm actually installing a set of roll centre adusters and adding braces and thats it! the suspension tune suits the chasis quite well if i go to stickier tyres i might go fo a fatter rear sway bar but other than tha they are good!

^^^stock final drive ratio is 4.529

Thanks Weiwei, hmm well i guess that is pretty good so modifying the stock final drive won't do much good.. :unsure:

like i said gearing is perfect i can land lift in an gear every time never miss!!! LSD is a must if you want to go fast on corners, the stivo's suspensions is also much better than everyone thinks! i'm actually installing a set of roll centre adusters and adding braces and thats it! the suspension tune suits the chasis quite well if i go to stickier tyres i might go fo a fatter rear sway bar but other than tha they are good!

The gearing is far from perfect mate.. 1-2-3 is too far apart (landing around 6000-6200rpm is not good enough thanks to LIFT kicking in at 6200rpm, 6500rpm and above is ideal for the 2zzge).. And with better gearing you will be less likely to mis-shift or beat the synchros and the car will be more race friendly attacking bends, racing up steep hills, or doing drags.

And regarding the suspension, if you take it to the track you will know how soft and roll prone the Stivo is. Almost feels like it will flip over in some corners at Wakefield. Coilovers are great if you want good handling. If not Whiteline's kit for the ZZE122-123 Corolla will also improve handling substantially.

LSD is a must to prevent massive wheelspin and understeer when exiting corners.. when you floor it the car should turn INTO the apex and not AWAY from it which the Stivo does with huge wheelspin. Wider and stickier tyres also help for sure.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

yeah, PowerFC is the one to buy if u want to go ecu. Meridian Motorsport confirms that it will fit onto sportivo like a glove even though the powerfc is made for celica ecu.

Oh, throttle body englargement works well for 2zz-ge, and that's not really expensive to do. My mechanic will do it for 80 - 150 bucks, machined bore.