Boost Gauge install..

where did you plug ur boostgauge into?

for the lancer i used the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line.

pretty much the same as this:

http://www.jonesland...uge_Install.htm

not sure if it is the same as the 3sgte

cant open that link... literally any vac hose on the inlet manifold.. all the vac lines Ive seen posts on this site and others.. still gauge seems to show suck not blow..

OK so Im a dumb *****.. this is normal isnt it? Ive read some posts on other sites.. Only when the car really gets going does the needle go positive? I gave the accelerator a poke in neutral but it didnt go positive.. hmm

It will go positive when the car is under boost, hence being a boost gauge.Providing you have it connected correctly of course.

Edited by trentmeyer23

I thought for sure when I revved it in neutral it would show boost.. maybe there is no boost in neutral.. makes sense I guess, will try again tomorrow with the car MOVING this time. I connected it up to the rubber stopped pipe on the back of the inlet..

yeah on idle im on -20psi then, but when revving in neutral it flickers but doesn't really go to +

when accelerating it should go +

THANK YOU... just the answer I was after.. so I had it connected properly afterall. Didnt get to do it this arvo.. tomorrow for sure.

Well I couldnt wait for tomorrow, so I plumbed it into the cabin (but not mounted or lighted) and it hits 9psi max.. so the boost controller is going in tomorrow. see if I can get about 13psi.. supposedly this is a safe level for this motor. Anyone heard different?

Got the boost controller in, (thanks to advice from mick) its very to hard to adjust the pressure without a rolling road.. stop start..stop start..managed to get it to just under 15, hit fuel cut after 10 so turned the FCD to max.. seems to be working ok for now. turned it back a little further so hopefully Im at about 12 now.. definetly notice the difference when it keeps pulling for those extra few seconds and the speedo is cranking quickly to the right. :D makes a cool little wooshing sound too.. fingers crossed.. still more fiddling to do tho.

externally controlled, internal wastegate I believe... Im only guessing, but i think blocking the tvis messes the HKS fcon etc... I dunno, it was ok sometimes, but run like garbage mostly. I would also guess that an electronic boost controller on a computer controlled car would be far better.

You're either doing something wrong or the wastegate is cactus.

Im certain it was all connected properly, the boost controller took a lot of adjusting, I accidentally set it for 15psi and the turbo and motor handled it fine, I changed it straight down to 12psi. I had the HKS setup to deliver more fuel at all rpm levels and had the FCD set way out.. It ran and worked, but not smoothly like it does stock at 9psi, If I didnt get the rpm exactly right it wouldnt spool up properly, and ran like a dog. it was too touchy. Im also wondering if my fuel pump is no good. It does emit a loud buzz. Whatever the problem is, Im sticking with stock, the power is more usable and will save the engine in the long run. It was a fun experiment and learning experience. No harm done. :rolleyes:

No idea.. its clear I was in over my head. There isnt a shop with a dyno close to where I live, I'm guessing most of what Im doing, My thoughts on fuel were, better more than less in case of running dry and stuffing motor at high boost. Too complicated for me to do without the correct gauges and gear. Unless I find someone local who has a clue Im forgetting it.