Bridgestone tyre Spring Clearance Sale 2011

Hyaline

Bridgestone Spring Clearance Sale

245/55R19 With NRMA membership: $345/per tyre ind: fit and balance

$350 for those people without NRMA membership

Not a big deal as I changed my 4 tyres last X’mas $370 each plus 4 wheels alignment + $50 service card @ Kmart :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Bridgestone Spring Clearance Sale

245/55R19 With NRMA membership: $345/per tyre ind: fit and balance

$350 for those people without NRMA membership

Not a big deal as I changed my 4 tyres last X’mas $370 each plus 4 wheels alignment + $50 service card @ Kmart :yahoo:

thanks for sharing, i had assumption these tyre cost around $450 each. good to know they are cheaper than that :)

• 2 weeks later...

After 51,000km on the original tyres, the last 10,000km being close to bald, I finally went into serious tyre purchase mode.

I found a few people flogging tyres on ebay, surprisingly they are tyre retailers not individuals... and most of them are in the Sydney area.

One mob were selling the Bridgestone Dueler 400 tyres for $289 each !! :blink:

But postage to Melb was $18 per tyre so that puts the price up to $307 and then you still need to consider carting these to a local tyre dealer who will charge you to fit, balance and dispose of your old tyres, my research shows this can cost around $20 per tyre so then you're looking at $327.

Then add the hassle of needing to be home to take delivery of them, collecting them from the local courier depot, getting them in the Kluger and then finding a dealer to fit someone else's tyres I decided that I would only go down this path if it was a significant saving over other options.

Then I found another ebay seller, this time a local Victorian tyre shop selling them for $340 fitted and this became tempting.

During a recent trip to the local shopping centre I spied a Kmart auto and thought I'd pop in there and ask about tyre prices. I asked about the Bridgestones and I was told $385 :o As it was clear this quote didn't impress me I was asked "have you got any quotes from other dealers?" I replied "Yes, I've been quoted $340" whereby he immediately replied "OK, I can do them for $335" I promptly shook his hand and made a booking, they've been on the car now for about 2 weeks :clap:

From this experience I've learnt that it really does pay to ask the question about price as it would appear there is a pile of margin to made on tyres and the dealers have loads of room to move. The brief moment it took me to look non-plussed saved me $50 per tyre, nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get the $340 price in Brisbane? Called up a few Bridgestone dealers and was quoted the standard $542 each. K-Mart will do it for $385 per tyre.

• 1 month later...

Hello to everyone, I purchased one Bridgestone tyre from K-mart yesterday [11/11] in Fairfield, Syd, for $385.00 fitted & balenced.

The salesman informed me that they have a special at the moment if you buy 4 tyres you get a $100.00 fuel card, and cash back from Bridgestone totalling $100.00

for this month only. Seems a fair deal to me if your in the market for original tyres.

cheers john.

Hello to everyone, I purchased one Bridgestone tyre from K-mart yesterday [11/11] in Fairfield, Syd, for $385.00 fitted & balenced.

The salesman informed me that they have a special at the moment if you buy 4 tyres you get a $100.00 fuel card, and cash back from Bridgestone totalling $100.00

for this month only. Seems a fair deal to me if your in the market for original tyres.

cheers john.

It seems to be a fair deal with the fuel card offer. In other words your getting the Wheels for $360 each instead of $385.