2004 facelift corolla headunit error

simmy

hey everyone, i have a 2004 facelift corolla ascent, and the headunit errors up when i insert a cd.

it spins for a good 10 seconds then error comes up,

ive tried disconnecting the battery, different cds, etc..

any one know whatsup or how to fix it?

error code 1.

it didnt ask me for any security codes or anything after i disconnected the battery, eveything worked nromal after except cd player like usual.

had to re adjust time thats all

error code 1.

it didnt ask me for any security codes or anything after i disconnected the battery, eveything worked nromal after except cd player like usual.

had to re adjust time thats all

just looked for my headuit manual... but i remembered i sold it to another person on ebay. ur manual should tell u what the error code means if you got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeahh this happened to me as well but in my 03 camry, played burned cds, then stopped, listened to fm radio for about a year, got sick of it, eventually bought a $200jvc head unit cos it was on sale,

That's a suggestion, looking at getting a new one, there are some basic ones for about $70 at super cheap and that,

i just checked my headunit manual, error 1 is:\

The disc is stained or upside down, check the disc.

Have you tried using a cd player lens cleaner? like this one: http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Peripherals/Stands-and-Cleaners/LE50014

Yeahh this happened to me as well but in my 03 camry, played burned cds, then stopped, listened to fm radio for about a year, got sick of it, eventually bought a $200jvc head unit cos it was on sale,

That's a suggestion, looking at getting a new one, there are some basic ones for about $70 at super cheap and that,

i thought of that, but then its a hassle if i get a single din then ill need to get a facia or thing to cover up the hole, and double din costs too mcuh