newbie on new car and newbie mods

Schy

Sorry jeffy, I wasn't picking on your car, but I have had something like that behind me on the road and it was so bright I had to flip the rear view mirror.

all good, i kept getting high beamed, and i had a mate behind me with the same bulb type and it is pretty bright, thats why the covers :3

Painted the headlights covers black.. From the inside or outside? What do u need? Is it easy to do?

Did it affect the brightness of the light? Im guessing they did.. Lol

Painted the headlights covers black.. From the inside or outside? What do u need? Is it easy to do?

Did it affect the brightness of the light? Im guessing they did.. Lol

From the inside so stone chips won't affect it,

And yes they did affect the brightness,

Ah.. Are they easy to do? Hehe! Do they look good during the day? :D

well.. haha judge for yourself during the day,

uhmm.. i jst sanded it down with 2000 grit, then painted black, baked it in 60 degree oven,

uhmm.. i jst sanded it down with 2000 grit, then painted black, baked it in 60 degree oven,

Ahhh.. I think that might be a bit too hard for me.. Lol! Would u know any other small mods i can do?

Ahhh.. I think that might be a bit too hard for me.. Lol! Would u know any other small mods i can do?

UHmm, depends on you really, you can change your interior lights to the colour of your liking if you want, or footwells,

Yeah! Hehe! Im doing those next.. :) hohoho.. If only i had so much money! Haha!

If I had so much money, I'd be getting either the Golf R, Impreza WRX hatch, or the Mazda 3 MPS... not a Corolla. lol

HAHAHAHAHA! AGREED! lololol!

Yeah! Hehe! Im doing those next.. :) hohoho.. If only i had so much money! Haha!

If I had so much money, I'd be getting either the Golf R, Impreza WRX hatch, or the Mazda 3 MPS... not a Corolla. lol

i seen those cars, but personally i still like the corolla better =p

Edited by crolladx

i seen those cars, but personally i still like the corolla better =p

If only the Corolla has more engine variety. I would definitely buy the Ascent "Sport" if the engine actually got upgraded as well, instead of just extra front/rear spoiler and alloy. I'm waiting to see if the 2012 Corolla is gonna get any engine upgrade or not.

One of my client owns a black Golf R. It looks much better in real life than in photos. I also like the rear of the Impreza hatch, very clean and sleek design.

Yeh I get what you mean with the corolla not much engine choice and for few extra 1-3k just give you better head unit, fog lights all those high tech stuff lol hence I just when ascent and so far only done a exhaust mod, head light, interior lights, and getting a kn Apollo cis installed this Wednesday lol. I'm not really into the whole performance side and drain fuel like crazy lol just want more on look and bit of performance will do for me know what I mean lollll =]

Yeh I get what you mean with the corolla not much engine choice and for few extra 1-3k just give you better head unit, fog lights all those high tech stuff lol hence I just when ascent and so far only done a exhaust mod, head light, interior lights, and getting a kn Apollo cis installed this Wednesday lol. I'm not really into the whole performance side and drain fuel like crazy lol just want more on look and bit of performance will do for me know what I mean lollll =]

Toyota does have other engines, it's just that Toyota Australia is not importing them here. They could've offered the 2ZR-FAE 1.8 litre 110kW engine with the "sport" model, that would've at least justified the name. The European rolla already stop using the FE and even has 3-door model. That would also make sense for a sport model, don't you think?

The Corolla in Japan even has a 200kW version, but I'll be perfectly happy with 110-120kW rolla.

I remember the weight spec of the MY10 Corolla, 1276kg. The MY11 apparently gained 24kg at 1300kg. That's quite a lot and makes the Corolla slower than ever.

I'm still waiting for the 2012 Corolla and hoping that Toyota would upgrade their 2ZR-FE if not replacing it with a new one.

Edited by P_T
  • Like 1

Toyota does have other engines, it's just that Toyota Australia is not importing them here. They could've offered the 2ZR-FAE 1.8 litre 110kW engine with the "sport" model, that would've at least justified the name. The European rolla already stop using the FE and even has 3-door model. That would also make sense for a sport model, don't you think?

The Corolla in Japan even has a 200kW version, but I'll be perfectly happy with 110-120kW rolla.

I remember the weight spec of the MY10 Corolla, 1276kg. The MY11 apparently gained 24kg at 1300kg. That's quite a lot and makes the Corolla slower than ever.

I'm still waiting for the 2012 Corolla and hoping that Toyota would upgrade their 2ZR-FE if not replacing it with a new one.

Yeh man lol all i know is that the Japanese one are alot better than the aus one lol, but we will see i like they body kit more hahah! i dont a fan of power otherwise i wouldnt of brought the corolla and when with something more powerful lol~ but ah well all good lol. decent money for a decent car, not the best but still good in my opinion!!

migt even consider odering new body kit from japan through the guy who is gonna help me put in a KN apollo on wednesday he is gonna bring me some catalog from japan and he will import for me so yeh xD

hello again.. does anyone know where i can buy seat covers for the sedan model? i asked toyota and their seat covers are $360 for the front and back row.. :o

anyone know where i can get them cheaper? XD

ive gone through ebay and they all come from the US.. and im not sure if they are airbag compatible.. :( as i have side airbags..

there is one though that just straps on the seats.. anyone know if they are any good?

another question.. if i buy replacement headlight in ebay something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2009-2011-Toyota-Corolla-Dual-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Halo-Rim-Projector-Head-Light-BLACK-/290610268950?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a9b8cb16#ht_6365wt_1135

or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-2009-2011-TOYOTA-COROLLA-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-PAIR-/120782090878?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1f2c727e#ht_6352wt_1135

would they be compatible with right hand drives here in Australia? and would they fit the connectors with the OEM headlights? i think the new headlights have different bulb size from the OEM right?