newbie on new car and newbie mods

Schy

Pay for quality, but the one that Pete (Dutchie) and Cuong have are quite bang for buck!

I've got the Eclipse AVN726EA, main reason that it was plug and play with the steering controls; unlike alpine, kenwood etc you would have to buy an adapter for the steering controls to work. The new Eclipse AVN looks pretty good!

Pay for quality, but the one that Pete (Dutchie) and Cuong have are quite bang for buck!

I've got the Eclipse AVN726EA, main reason that it was plug and play with the steering controls; unlike alpine, kenwood etc you would have to buy an adapter for the steering controls to work. The new Eclipse AVN looks pretty good!

Oh okay.. I didnt know u had to buy adapters for alpine to get steering controls to work.. :(

Oooohhhhhh decisions decisions..

Me again guys.. What do you reckon of the philips head unit on special in autobarn? Its $900 for a 6.5" touch screen system, bluetooth, dvd, mpe, usb, sd, divx and it has navigation with it! I just dont know if it is ready to connect to steering wheel controls..

But for that price, is it a good one? Or better save up for the alpine or eclipse? Btw the RRP of this is $1599..

well you gotta think about whether the extra features of the eclipse is worth the extra money.

I purchased a pioneer f320bt when it was on sale for 500.

The only things i wanted were gps and ipod control through the ipod and headunit, so that was very worth it for me. It also has heaps of audio options so i can set up my speakers just right.

If you're thinking about upgrading your audio as well, i'd say go for eclipse, alpine or pioneer.

noted.. :D

will save up for the eclipse then.. my question now is, is it okay to get an amp and sub now first before getting the eclipse HU? or would it be better to get everything together?

Buying all together will probably get you a cheaper price. If you buy it now are you going to be able to use it because the factory head unit doesnt have RCA outputs so you will need a inline converter.

oh.. lol! guess i just better save up.. hehehe! and buy everything all together.. :D

all these mods are getting me excited and driving me crazy! haha!

Go for an Eclipse; like I said before, it is pretty much plug and play. Buy a Toyota headunit harness from JB HiFi etc connect it up and you're set. :)

me thinks me remember Duy (dwee) selling his eclipse H/U. I would have snapped it up myeslf if I had the dosh lying around.

Yeah, thinking about swapping with a stock ZRE headunit + cash my way. The only thing is, the stock Levin ZR headunit is a 6 stacker, not a single stacker. Zzz

Go for an Eclipse; like I said before, it is pretty much plug and play. Buy a Toyota headunit harness from JB HiFi etc connect it up and you're set. :)

me thinks me remember Duy (dwee) selling his eclipse H/U. I would have snapped it up myeslf if I had the dosh lying around.

Yeah, thinking about swapping with a stock ZRE headunit + cash my way. The only thing is, the stock Levin ZR headunit is a 6 stacker, not a single stacker. Zzz

haha yeh... damn single stackers -_-

sent you a PM dwee... :D

yeah, mine is the stock single stacker.. and i have the sedan which i think won't fir with the hatch? XD anyways, sent you a PM :D

sent you a PM dwee... :D

yeah, mine is the stock single stacker.. and i have the sedan which i think won't fir with the hatch? XD anyways, sent you a PM :D

Sorry mate, didn't see you PM; I've replied! Not too sure about the sedan headunits.. :unsure:

all good dwee! :)

add:

i've uploaded photos of wheels in the wheel and tyre section.. needing help on which ones to get.. :D

Hello guys.. Me again..

Just wondering if i get some other stuff for the car that needs painting with the same color as the body color, what is the best and cheapest way to do it?

Can I ask a paint shop to mix me up with some paint? And how would i paint them if they made the paint?

Thanks in advance guys!

I would recommend you have a auto painter do the job. They will mix up and paint the required colour. If you must do it yourself, i advise you to research on the net the basics of automotive prep and painting before you start anything.

I would recommend you have a auto painter do the job. They will mix up and paint the required colour. If you must do it yourself, i advise you to research on the net the basics of automotive prep and painting before you start anything.

Cool! Guess i'll have the auto painter guys paint them.. :)

Just a question though, $400 for paint of front and rear lip and side skirt sounds right or is it too expensive?