Synthetic Oil

firezuki

I'm about to do an oil change on my '07 Presara. Got the oil from Toyota 10/30 grade.

Just wondering if it's worth the extra money to go to a fully synthetic oil next time, and, if yes, which one you would recommend.

My car is a taxi so I don't mind spending extra on preventative maintenance. Interested in your replies.

http://www.schleeter.com/oil-sludge.htm

according to the article, it helps to reduce the chance of oil gel..

plus if you are not driver, you don't know how they push your car

I would not try to cut corner of engine oil

Edited by ben yip

you can have a look at DJKOR's FAQ which is pinned on the top of the Aurion/Avalon forum. Or likewise, you can have a search on Google-there have been previous discussions on this matter. I'm saying this because i'm not the one to refer to on this matter.

Think it of this way. You spend $20 for getting good oil for for 6 months or 1 year depending how often you change your oil. It's not much money over time but it gives you much better protection to your car.

Depends on how good they are as well. Sometimes a more expensive oil doesn't perform well enough and a cheaper oil does, hence it's not justifiable because it's not value for money.

Think it of this way. You spend $20 for getting good oil for for 6 months or 1 year depending how often you change your oil. It's not much money over time but it gives you much better protection to your car.

Depends on how good they are as well. Sometimes a more expensive oil doesn't perform well enough and a cheaper oil does, hence it's not justifiable because it's not value for money.

Yeah, and that's really the information I'm after. I'm quite prepared to spend the extra but I want to know it's the right oil and will give my taxi maximum protection. I am the only driver but it's still a tough life for a car.