OEM Aurion ZR6 CD Player

ALEXH-

Hey guys, has anyone experienced similar issue with the OEM CD Player? All the lights are out except for the main screen but that displays weird characters on it, you can't understand anything. Every now and then the main screen also turns off for about a minute so when I was driving earlier, it was really dark in my car (yes, headlights were on lol)

Here is the picture of the problem

photo1.jpg

Is it worth fixing or just buying an aftermarket unit? I never dealt with anything like this before.

All the buttons work etc just the lights and the screen is the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Did you try the 'hit it with your fist' method? If that doesn't do anything and you know how to pull things apart, it may help to pull it apart and make sure everything is looking good, otherwise it may be time for a new unit. Aftermarket eBay ones go for cheap these days.

Did you try the 'hit it with your fist' method? If that doesn't do anything and you know how to pull things apart, it may help to pull it apart and make sure everything is looking good, otherwise it may be time for a new unit. Aftermarket eBay ones go for cheap these days.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried hitting it yet :P will do tomorrow. I really don't have time to pull it apart ay, besides, I'm not very technical when it comes to car parts so if fist doesn't work and Unit doesn't fix it self then I guess I'll buy another.

Any good ones you would recommend? There are too many to choose from on ebay.