Climate Control

burgz666

g'day im new to the toyota forums and am learning!

i have an Aurion AT-X 2008 it has the usual airconditioning knobs cluster, i was wondering if you can change them over with the duel-zone climate control cluster without having to modify anything?

Any ideas much appreciated!!! :help:

Unless you have the resources to change out nearly all of the air conditioner components, then I would forget about it. The two systems have differences that go go beyond the controls.

what are these differences? would you know? can you find any of these parts? i just notice that when you change the airconditioner from face to feet for example this takes the mechanisms time to change from face--- to-- feet. i just assumed that all of the inner workings would be the same just with a different control module cluster?!?! cheers!!! :D

g'day im new to the toyota forums and am learning!

i have an Aurion AT-X 2008 it has the usual airconditioning knobs cluster, i was wondering if you can change them over with the duel-zone climate control cluster without having to modify anything?

Any ideas much appreciated!!! :help:

The two systems have differences that go go beyond the controls.

From A8-A9 of Air_Conditioning.pdf, a few examples that the dualzone a/c has over the manual would be:

-air mix control servo motor (passsenger side)

-a/c solar sensor

but for the specifics, I would defer DJKOR and his wisdom :P

TBH, I find that the dual zone aircon is pretty useless. In fact, neither me nor my passengers have ever used the dualzone function.

Climate control wouldn't be of much use unless you're going on long journeys (which i don't do very often)

It certainly looks cooler than the manual a/c but otherwise, serves no purpose.

If I were you, I would perhaps put my money towards getting a better headunit :yahoo:

what are these differences? would you know? can you find any of these parts? i just notice that when you change the airconditioner from face to feet for example this takes the mechanisms time to change from face--- to-- feet. i just assumed that all of the inner workings would be the same just with a different control module cluster?!?! cheers!!! :D

The entire airconditioner assembly is different because, in case you aren't aware, the automatic climate control incorporates dual zone. This means, unlike the non-climate control models where the air mix is adjusted with a single vane, there are actually two air mix vanes that enable individual control of passenger and driver temperature. In addition to that, the control module is different as it has to perform more functions than the standard controls. Then there are the little things like a temperature sensor located under the steering wheel so that it can adjust the temperature as required.

Thanks DJKOR i appreciate your knowledge its more the cooler looking is why i want climate control.. i have replaved my head unit with a decent double din, looks great. On another note what would you say if i painted my steering wheel trims and left dash trim and door trims (the silver ones that are an inch or so in height) body colour? Which is 8t0 carribean blue? Your opinion is much appreciated also gloss satin or matte clear is my options as im a vehicle painter by trade... Cheers :)

Thanks DJKOR i appreciate your knowledge its more the cooler looking is why i want climate control.. i have replaved my head unit with a decent double din, looks great. On another note what would you say if i painted my steering wheel trims and left dash trim and door trims (the silver ones that are an inch or so in height) body colour? Which is 8t0 carribean blue? Your opinion is much appreciated also gloss satin or matte clear is my options as im a vehicle painter by trade... Cheers :)

Hmm... most modders do carbon fibre wrap but you've got a pretty interesting idea there.

Personally, I like the silver trim which is why I didn't carbon fibre wrap mine.

IMO, carribean blue might look a little odd in a greyish cabin. I would go for a more generic color, say a different shade of silver or gloss white?

Good choice with changing the headunit. I put it off till recently, should have done it first.