Brisbane Rukus Owner

wolfpacsnakepit

Hi all,

I've been visiting here for a little while and have only just found the motivation to register and say hi. Hi :)

I've had my build 2 Rukus for over a year now, about 13-14 months I think. I haven't made many mods because I don't really know much about that kind of stuff. Hoping to learn :)

Love the pics some of u have posted they look awesome!

Part of the reason why I wanted to post was to ask you all about a problem ive been having with my Rukus and wondering if anyone has experienced something similar...

A few months ago I started to hear a creaking-type noise from within the cabin itself. It manly occurs when the road is uneven, not just when it's a bit bumpy. It's gotten louder and louder and it's got to the point where I have to pump my stereo so I can't hear it.

I took it back to the dealership when I got a service but they said they didn't have time to look at it and to bring it back another time, yet it's doubtful it's anything serious. A few weeks later I brought it back and was told the passenger seat belt had a cross-threaded screw and that it had been replaced and was all fine. The noise started again by the time I got home.

Took it back again. Was told that it was above the passenger seat belt in the wall/roof and that it was two plates rubbing. I'm not sure how that works but the mechanic reckons that it's two plates that, back in the day, used to be welded but these days car manufacturers just use a silicon to hold the plates together. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, all was fine for about two days and then the noise started again. Soft at first and now just the same as ever.

Please help if anyone knows about this. I did rear somewhere that someone else with a Rukus had the same problem.

I love my car but this noise is driving me f***ing NUTS!

Thank you!

By the way, I created a group on Facebook called "Toyota Rukus". Feel free to do a search for it and add yourself to the group :)

welcome mate, yeah its a factory fault with the rukus interior b pillar panel and also the plastic trim around the windscreen. Its a well known porblem with xb guys in the states.

You can try lub the panels and see how you go.

It gets worst went you have coilovers and swaybars