is it the altinator

AE92 Twincam Seca

Ok first off i'm new member so hi, I drive a AE92 twincam seca Carbi model the other day the car overheated, no biggie I changed the hose and its all fine now, but the next day my Battery light came on, I changed the belt cos it was cactus and the light is still on and it only goes off after the car reaches 4500rpm then goes back on when it goes under that, now my battery is flat, is my altinator screwed or on its way out.

Thanks people

Sounds like there may be a problem with the alternator. It may be just the regulator which should cost about $60.00 for either a Bosch or Denso one.

PM me with a number from the label on the unit and I should be able to get something for you at the wholesale rate.

The reg may cost even less than this.

Regards

Mark

Sounds like there may be a problem with the alternator. It may be just the regulator which should cost about $60.00 for either a Bosch or Denso one.

PM me with a number from the label on the unit and I should be able to get something for you at the wholesale rate.

The reg may cost even less than this.

Regards

Mark

Thanks anyway mate, I got another alternator today fixed my problem.. at least people reply on this site, i was on twincam.org nobody replies to your posts

Thanks anyway mate, I got another alternator today fixed my problem.. at least people reply on this site, i was on twincam.org nobody replies to your posts

No-one replied on twincam.org because it is dead - all the main members and contributors have moved to twincam.org.au after the original site got bought out by an American who was only interested in the ad revenue.

No-one replied on twincam.org because it is dead - all the main members and contributors have moved to twincam.org.au after the original site got bought out by an American who was only interested in the ad revenue.

well theres the problem lol, while we are on the alternator question, would a big stereo gradully kill one, i put my stereo in my laser and afterwards the alternator died and the other night i was thrashing my stereo and the same night the alternator went in my seca

There can be a problem if the current draw for the stereo exceeds the output from the alternator. Most cars are designed and released with an alternator which has an output enough to cover for the standard lighting, accessories and of course to keep the engine running. Having the alternator working at peak output would seriously compromise the life expectancy of any unit

My son bought a stereo, amplifier and sub which combined had a current requirement of about 75 maps at peak volume. The original alternator for a HQ tonner was a mere 35 amp and being in the industry I bought a 110 amp Land Cruiser unit to fit before the stereo was added. For the AE92 there may be a unit from a later Camry or Cruiser which may fit but I have never been asked to search for something suitable. I had a quick look and could not see one that would be an easy fit but something from a 2003+ Hi-Lux or maybe even a 90's V6 Accord may be adapted to work without a lot of hassle. These would give 100 and 110 map respectively. Useful if you have a nuclear grade stereo reactor on board

There can be a problem if the current draw for the stereo exceeds the output from the alternator. Most cars are designed and released with an alternator which has an output enough to cover for the standard lighting, accessories and of course to keep the engine running. Having the alternator working at peak output would seriously compromise the life expectancy of any unit

My son bought a stereo, amplifier and sub which combined had a current requirement of about 75 maps at peak volume. The original alternator for a HQ tonner was a mere 35 amp and being in the industry I bought a 110 amp Land Cruiser unit to fit before the stereo was added. For the AE92 there may be a unit from a later Camry or Cruiser which may fit but I have never been asked to search for something suitable. I had a quick look and could not see one that would be an easy fit but something from a 2003+ Hi-Lux or maybe even a 90's V6 Accord may be adapted to work without a lot of hassle. These would give 100 and 110 map respectively. Useful if you have a nuclear grade stereo reactor on board

Thanks heaps and thanks to everyone for their advice/input, i think i will look into the bigger alternator in a little while