Cold Air Intakes

Musso7

Hey guys I own a 1999 Celica sx & im looking at getting a cold air intake, mainly because just the pod filter by itself isnt that good due to it just sucking in all the air under the bonnet unless it's boxed in - well thats what i've heard.

but anyways, does anyone know of anywhere that sells them? or even a ebay link for one that would fit a 99' sx, because i dont really want to get one and find out it doesnt fit :/

and also, Mod plates, how do they work? i havnt really done any mods to my car yet, i've had my P's for a year and all i have done is just interior LED's, and spent a good Grand on the sound & custom sub boxes.

but if anyone could help me out it would be great, Cheers guys.

umm well my mate has a 1999 celica zr with the 2zz engine, and i helped him buy an AEM cold air intake off of ebay, it was the "00-04 celica GTS" one. I helped him fit it on too, perfect fit :) I'm fairly sure you're not allowed to have a CAI while on your P's though. saw some guy get his taken out at a booze bus where there was a mechanic o.o

If you just plan on doing the cold air intake for now mate you won't be able to run injen, bogs on the stock ecu. The best you can run for a celica on stock is an AEM, i don't think CES which seems to be so popular with the sportivo crew makes anything for celicas? I'm swapping out from an AEM to an Injen because i'm getting a power fc next week. I'l be looking for a buyer soon so if you're interested let me know, it's only done about 10000kms.

So basically:

Stock - AEM

Aftermarket ECU - Injen

About the legality of it, if it's a pipe and not bolted in - defect. They all have brackets though so if you don't take the care to lock it in, really your own fault. I've never heard of anyone getting pulled up about it though, the boys in blue have bigger fish to fry i'd imagine. Just don't run a 4 inch cannon to draw attention to yourself and you should be fine.

Edited by bonezi89

Oh true well i havn't heard anything about CAI's being illigal for P platers, just turbochargers & a CC cap.

so would i need a mod plate for it?

I'm swapping out from an AEM to an Injen because i'm getting a power fc next week. I'l be looking for a buyer soon so if you're interested let me know, it's only done about 10000kms.

So basically:

Stock - AEM

Aftermarket ECU - Injen

and yeah well im interested dude as long as it fits, mine is the ZZT231 model all stock