Genuine Toyota Remote Engine Starter

ooops1235

Hey guys...

I was looking for a remote start for my 2008 Aurion, and i found a remote engine satrter on toyota website and it says that There's no need for a separate remote or third-party electrical installation because, unlike most aftermarket systems, the system has been designed by Toyota engineers to seamlessly integrate with your vehicle's existing security or factory keyless entry system...

http://www.toyota.co...ne-starter.html

So, do you think it can be purshased from toyota to be integrated with my existing factory keyless entry system or it only comes from the factory..???

This can be added on as an dealer fitted option (ie. you could fit it) for the American market. There are differences in the Body ECU programming between the American Toyota'a and the Australian ones so I would be nowhere near surprised if it didn't work on the Aurion. The only way you can really find out is if you pick one up and try it for yourself.

In my opinion, you are better off with an aftearket kit if you so desire. The Toyota one automatically kills the engine the moment the door is unlocked and opened. At least with an aftermarket kit, you have a short delay in which you can enter the car and put the key in the ignition/press the engine start button.

On top of that, most of these remote engine starter kits you can get can also be optioned with an alarm kit. The advantage here is that the remote unit can feature 2-way communication. This means if you are within the range of the transmitter in the car (some kits give you up to 500-1000 metres or so line of sight), it can warn you if your car has been broken into. May be a little bit of a gimmick, but some people like the sense of security.

After looking at what is possible with an Australian Aurion, an aftermarket kit would be the go.

I didn't need door locks in my project build, so I thought I'd have some fun:

Edited by 450HP/tonne