Service for 97 Corolla Sedan

Hi everyone,

I have an automatic 97 Corolla sedan and am planning on taking it for a basic service in the next few days. Don't service it often coz it seems to drive well with little attention. I've owned it for 10 years.. It's done over 220,000kms... How much can I expect to be charged in Western suburbs of melbourne for an oil change and air/ oil filters replaced? I'm asking because im not sure what mechanics charge for a minor service.

Cheers,

If all you need done is engine oil/filter and air filter then just do it yourself, they're both easy jobs and you'll save on labour costs (which will be most of what a dealership/mechanic would charge). Oil filter is ~$10, oil you can get 5L of a decent brand for $20-30, air filter is about $10-20 or so (been a while since I bought one since I've got a K&N), would take all of half an hour to do, only tools are jacks/chassis stands (although you can get away without them if the car isn't lowered), socket/spanner for the sump plug and an filter removal tool/rubber glove and pan for the oil and filter.