Im looking at buying a 80 series landcruiser on gas but have a few questions about a lot of things.

Im looking at buying a 80 series 4.5litre landcruiser between 200,000km and 300,000km on gas but have a few questions about a lot of things. I plan to use the Landcruiser for commuting to and from work with all my tools needed as a carpenter, occasionally towing a tradies trailer. I would like to make sure the landcruiser will not cost more to run and service than my current car.

Im going to be running it mainly on gas and would like to know what the fuel consumption is, litres per 100km (mostly city driving)?

What is fuel consumption (on gas) like when towing a trailer (700kgs weight)?

What maintenance is required for a gas landcruiser?

What are the average costs (not including labour costs, just parts costs) for common items needed for regular servicing (e.g tyres, brakes, timing belt etc)?

How much are gas services on average not including oil change filter change and all other oil changes, just the gas system?

How often should you service a gas car?

Im pretty clued on when it comes to cars (but never had a gas car), am I able to service the gas system myself?

Is there anything ive got to watch out for owning a gas car?

I’ve heard that running a car on gas will reduce the life of the engine, for those who have a gas Landcruiser, what’s your opinion?

Is there anything ive got to look out for when purchasing a Landcruiser (common problems etc)?

I also have a 80 series 4.5L 6cyl Landcruiser too :) How lucky!!!

Im going to be running it mainly on gas and would like to know what the fuel consumption is, litres per 100km (mostly city driving)?

- I get around 23L/100km on pure gas in city driving.

What is fuel consumption (on gas) like when towing a trailer (700kgs weight)?

- You would be looking around 30-35L/100km.

What maintenance is required for a gas landcruiser?

- Just the normal petrol maintance (oils, coolant, brake fluid etc) + topping Valve saver fluid for LPG system.

What are the average costs (not including labour costs, just parts costs) for common items needed for regular servicing (e.g tyres, brakes, timing belt etc)?

- Tyres you are looking around $1200 for a set of good tyres

- Brakes were $200 for the whole car which were also good brakes

- Timing belt can't remember how much it cost but shouldn't be too much.

How much are gas services on average not including oil change filter change and all other oil changes, just the gas system?

- Not sure how much it cost since i do it myself at home. You just look for any gas leaks and top up the Valve saving fluid.

How often should you service a gas car?

- Gas you can check yourself as often as you want.

- Petrol i say 6 months since you will be towing it and adding extra cargo onto the landcruiser.

Im pretty clued on when it comes to cars (but never had a gas car), am I able to service the gas system myself?

- Like i said above simple topping up of Valve saving fluid is all you need to maintain the gas system.

Is there anything ive got to watch out for owning a gas car?

- Just remember to drive petrol once in a while.

- Also our head gasket cracked because when the gas conversion is done the head gasket is also meant to be changed as well. Ours is copper now and there is no problem. That cost us $3k for everything.

I’ve heard that running a car on gas will reduce the life of the engine, for those who have a gas Landcruiser, what’s your opinion?

- the 4.5L 6cyl in the Landcrusier will take sh*t for petrol so i'm not worried about gas. The engine is the least of my worries in the Landcrusier.

Is there anything ive got to look out for when purchasing a Landcruiser (common problems etc)?

- Just like any other car. Just check for normal things you would look into a car. Car servicing, interior/exterior damage etc.

- These Landcrusiers are built like tanks so i don't worry about them.