TRACTION CONTROL & ABS

SATORI893

I am wanting to know how good Aurion Traction control and ABS is, my Aurion gets wheels spin under hard acceleration going straight or turning left or right and is worse is wet weather. It always spins on gravel/dirt roads. Was just wondering if this was common, I mean it doesn't light up the tyres like I would expect with the grunt it has, have told toyota and they have tuned the computer to the full extent of the adjustment available yet I still get wheel spin occasionally or if I try I can get wheel spin sometimes. Is it just the way they are?? As for my ABS which toyota has tuned the computer to the full extent, on hard braking, particularly if I it's over the white lines I will get a skid and also on loose gravel on the road. Is this a common thing and how they are ment to be?? If you guys could let me know it would be much appreciated.

If your ABS is coming on, you need to learn how to drive and apply the brakes properly. ABS is for people who don't have a clue about pedal pressures, purely as a final measure, it is only ever in effect when the light is on on the dash.

As far as traction control goes, ease up on the go pedal or get better tyres, but you will never stop it completely.

Thanks Trent, That's good that the traction control is the way it is and not faulty. When my brakes have locked up it's usually been under hard braking and one wheel will hit a loose patch of dirt or water on the road and it will stop/skid that wheel but only when the car has almost come to a complete stop. It will lock up just for a second or so. Maybe I need to ease off the pedal when the car is coming to a stop.

I have the same thing happen with my aurion ( but thats when i pretend its Race Car ) so as said above ease up on braking and acceleration.

Accelerate hard and the car will slip but only momenteraly till it ither regains traction or the traction control kicks in forcing it to regain traction.

ABS ( Antilock Brake System ) is for emergency braking. Giving the brake a hard quick stab will engage the ABS and stop you quickly but with the ability to control the car ( steering etc ) whilst you come to a stop.

Watch the following videos on exatly how they work.

(From Toyota.com.au Website)

Traction Control ( TC )

http://www.toyota.co...raction_Control

Antolock Braking System ( ABS / AB-I )

http://www.toyota.co...th_intelligence

Vehicle Stability Control ( VSC )

http://www.toyota.co...ability_Control

No worries, Check out the rest of the vids on that page, there is alot of cool info about how the car works that not many people know about :)

That I will Metal. I have used up my download so am back to dial up speed, so frustrating, it's from looking at all those youtube vids with Aurions, all started with the exhaust vid, was taking forever to download what you posted today but I have copied the links and I get my full speed back on the 16th, long 5 days it's gonna be...lol

Lol, thats why i upgraded my usage had the same issue...

Now on 100GB off peak and 100GB on peak :D ( peak i use completely by the end of the month! )