TCCAQ Show and Shine

Buddha

Well Done Buddha - thanks...

Just to explain to you folks at home what happened, I had spent half of Saturday Morning assisting SILVABULLIT detail the underbody of his car so he could enter, and I fronted up on Sunday to the Show N Shine as a spectator.

At the last minute we discovered that there was a stock catagory (which I was eligible for) and there was only one or 2 other vehicles in.

As we had some of SILVABULLIT's detailing gear in the car and my car was filthy, we had my car ready in 10 minutes.  Results pending.......

Thanks Buddhae for showing a good 30 seconds of my plumber's crack... :P

Don't know about the plumbers crack; I'd say more like a bulky postage slot :lol:

Good work Buddha on the movie and I'm glad you didn't zoom in on Azza's bulk mail slot!!

Yeah, I haven't worked out how to zoom on that little thing, yet ... probably a good thing in hindsight! :P

Went to the TCCAQ meeting tonight, no-one was giving any hints, I'm afraid.

However, I can say that at the committee meeting that someone beat me to mentioning this situation and it has been noted and in future, they will have a preliminary announcement of winners at the event and then have the official trophy awaiting at the dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tonight was the TCCA-Q Presentation Dinner, and I'm pleased to say that all entrants from this forum won awards for the Show and Shine! Here are the awards we won, as I recall them:

Steve and the Buddhamobile - 1st Place, Post-89 Contemporary class (3 mods or less)

Aaron and the Wed Wocket - 2nd Place, Post-89 Contemporary class (3 mods or less)

Brennden and the Silvabullit - a heap of trophies, best this, best that, probably best if he fills in the spaces here!

I'm particularly rapt that any car of mine should win anything at all! :huh:

Congrats to Azza and Silvabullit for their haul, but if you both wouldn't mind just not turning up next year so I can win again, that'd be great! B)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

yay for TOCAU!!!!!

Congrats to azza, buddha and silva for the haul of trophies for our beloved car club :)

I hope with silva winning all those best of trophies that he took out the perpetual trophie??? if so thats TOCAU ppl 2 yrs back to back

EXCELLENT WORK GUYS!!!

I wanted to go to the dinner, but none of the other Starlet owners wanted to, and i dont know anyone else  :unsure:

Congrats on the trophies fellas!!!

Ah, DrPsi, welcome to the forums! I'm an old Starlet fan so I took the chance to have a look at your car at the Show and Shine and at the All Toyota Day ... very nice.

Although the Starlet crew couldn't make the dinner, you did get a mention for your excellent turn-out at the Show and Shine, so please let everyone know that you are welcome to come to any meetings or events that you might be interested in.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

yay for TOCAU!!!!!

Congrats to azza, buddha and silva for the haul of trophies for our beloved car club :)

I hope with silva winning all those best of trophies that he took out the perpetual trophie??? if so thats TOCAU ppl 2 yrs back to back

EXCELLENT WORK GUYS!!!

Thanks for your comments, Craig. Unfortunately, Silva did miss out on the Perpetual Trophy, which was won by Deb who had a Celica at the event, it seemed that any "Best Bit" trophy she missed, Brennden picked it up.

At some stage, I think the Wed Wocket, the Silvabullit and the Buddhamobile need to get together for a photo with their trophies to put in the Club gallery.

Yep well couldn't emulate what Danthuyer did last year as there was obviously a lot more cars turned out for this years show than at previous ones.

In a "pro Celica" environment I knew it would be kinda hard but we gave it a go and come away with some success.

I got Runner up in the post 1989 modified class to a ST184 Celica(looked kinda stock lol)

Also runner up in the Best overall/car of the day category.

Won best overall underbody.

Runner up in the People's choice category.(But no trophy awarded :( )

Anyways a good night and got to chat with a few of the longstanding members of the TCCA and exchanged a few funny stories about working in the auto industry.

Congrats to Buddha(1st) and Azza(3rd) for the Contempory post 1989 class. :D

Again a big thanks to Azza for his help and a big thanks to me for giving the Azza mobile a very quick 15 minute detail which netted him a trophy lol. :P

Yeah - thanks for the comments.....

It was a good day that day and thanks to SB for the assistance of a speedy detail....I guess considering the time it took to get my car ready, I can't complain for 3rd.... :)

Onya Buddha for your 1st....good to see some rolla dominating the prizes and not too many Silly-Cars :P

Yeah - thanks for the comments.....

It was a good day that day and thanks to SB for the assistance of a speedy detail....I guess considering the time it took to get my car ready, I can't complain for 3rd.... :)

Onya Buddha for your 1st....good to see some rolla dominating the prizes and not too many Silly-Cars :P

Yeah, I am rather chuffed, but next year we'll get a bigger turn out from the forum ... lets see how the Silvabullit and Snowflake go head-to-head.

I agree with Silva that Deb's Celica didn't appear to be that modified, but things like the sound system count as a mod, and you only needed 4 mods to get into the Modified class.

so does that mean i qualify for the mod'd section? im gonna predict that next year these guys wont know whats hit them :P

The classes this year were Stock (i.e. no modifications, as built by Toyota), Contemporary (up to 3 mods) or Modified (4 or more mods).

So yeah, you'd fit in Modified.