ZRE152R 80,000km service

Hi,

I'm planning to do the 80,000km service on my car just wondering has anyone done the in-tank fuel filter for this?

I already brought the fuel filter but it seems to be different from all the other cars that I've done so far.

I brought the filter filter assy (TO-7702412050 PLATE SUB-ASSY EG07)

I still can't find any workshop manual online either.

Couple of other questions too.

How much grams of gas is use to re-gas the a/c system?

How many years before changing the "pink" coloured coolant (TOYOTA SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT)

What size sump plug washer/gasket?

Does anyone know where I can get the ZRE152R Toyota Corolla 2008 service/workshop manual?

Is there a special way to remove the rear seat to access the fuel filter?

Edited by aznjack26

Hey Jack,

It's probably much easier if you just go into Toyota and get them to service it for you.. should cost around $200 or so?

At least this way you know it'll be done professionally and you won't have to worry about putting in the wrong amounts/fluids etc. :S

But yeah I'm not sure if many people know how to do that you've outlined above :S Good luck!

Nick

I don't know about the Corolla, but I wouldn't be surprised if two of your questions are already answered simply by lifting your bonnet.

The Aurion, built a year before your car has two stickers on the bonnet, one says how much refrigerant is needed for the A/C system, the other says when the initial change for the coolant is. In terms of age of coolant, just stick with what Toyota use. So for the Corolla, that's 10,000km per 6 months. So if your coolant is due at say 80,000km, then treat that as 4 years.

ask ben yip, he will help u with removing the rear seats. i dont recommend it if u dont know what u are doing. the ZZE corollas have the same fuel filter but i'm not sure if its different replacing it or not. takes me a good hour to replace it and involves alot of BS

The best thing to do is drop it off at Toyota. Less mess, less fuss and if they ****** it ******, they have to fix it.

@OP, I think you went to western toyota? or Terry Sheilds.....they are bunch of priates in there. I toook my old camry there and there was nothing but trouble. I got rid of the car and SWEAR BLUE i'll never take it to a SYD workshop ever again.

I get my serviced at bathurst, never had a problem and they wash & vac it for me. I also get a loan car free of charge (minus the fuel). If you do go, speak top the GM Steve Gilchirst, he will look after you ;)

I've done it, When my vehicle was at 100 000km... now at 151 000km...... :- (

It's a pain in the neck to put the fuel pump and filter back together once you have taken the old one apart.... If doing it yourself, be mindful of what you pull apart and where it went...

Luke any tips on pulling rear seat and the filter out?

The seat do you just pull or theres clips with 10mm bolt?

I've done many fuel filters on Honda's but never on a corolla with a strange look 2pc filter.

Very easy and took me 20mins to replace the new one.

Edited by aznjack26