Speed/reverse signal wire location

TRD468

I am doing a 6disc stacker to factory satnav swap over and i have realised that my voice guidance is not working when im using my gps. I researched this and i found out that my speed signal wire is not connected to my R12 plug in the back of my satnav. So what i need to do is locate my reverse and speed signal wires so i can hook it up to the sat nav. due to my research, i have found out that these wires should be in plug AE5 and AE6 under my dash (according to toyota nation forum) but that is in an american camry. So things may differ for the aurion. I am pretty sure that the AE5 and AE6 plug is on the driver side under the dash, near the parking sensor button. But i do not know if that contains the wires that im looking for. So does anybody know where the speed and reverse signal wires are? Or if there is a way to test the wires to pinpoint which ones are which?

Daryl, if you are reading this, I think this is the reason why my reverse camera is not working. Because my reverse signal wire is not connected to my R12 plug. (aurions that came with the navigation would have this pre installed (obviously) which is why the camera worked for everyone else) So once i get this step sorted my camera should work.

My input... there already is a wire at the head unit of all Aurion (at least the Sportivo) for the speed sensor. The factory 6-Stacker has an ASL feature built-in which requires this. Time to do more research.

DK... out.

ok, fair enough... but then why does my voice guidence not want to work? . All the settings have been set so that the guidance operates automatically (i have literally tried every setup) and still nothing works. :unsure:

ahhh.... yes i see. would you know where the wire is located on the harness and which pin is has to be connected to? im guessing it has to connect to one of the pins in the R12 input......

I think that the speed and reverse sensor is in the audio plug, and the reverse wire is pin #5 and speed sensor is pin #3. Which plug is the audio plug R15 or R14?

Ok, i found the speed sensor wire. (purple wire in the steering wheel control plug) and i pluged the wire into pin #3 of R12 input. I went for a test drive and i was succesful, the voice guidence told me the turn by turn directions, so im happy with that. I then tired to solve out my reverse cam, by pluging my back draft radar testing line from my aftermarket camera to pin #5 on the R12 input, and no result. I still can't manage to flip the screen to "check surroundings for safety" I called toyota for assistance, and i shall get an email by tomorrow. Hopefully they can help me out.