92 Tarago recommend please.

Childsy

Hey guys I'm new to these forums. I just brought an automatic 1992 Tarago and was wondering if someone here could just give me a recommendation on the best engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, and anything else that I should know to keep the Tarago running well. Cheers guys.

bump

I was told that I need to run red coolant in it, is that any red coolant or is there a specific type of coolant that I need to use.

they probably recomended toyota red it wont mix whith other coolants it tends to crystalize . engine oil your preference magnatec by castrol is very good . aoto oli dx 3. lok after the cooling system , change filters air and oil at regular intervals and happy tarago ing

• 2 months later...

Wow techno, suggetsed oil way too thin for my liking. Where do you live?? The oil you link to is for seriously cold climates, not suitable for Australia especially in a 92 model car which has probably 250,000+ ks. I would recommend the opposite - thicker oil. I also use Shell but I use HX7K which is 15W-50. In the picture you attached the oil you recommend is suitable in climates from -30 to 10 deg C.

• 1 year later...

Yes well where I was living in the southern highlands is a very cold part of Australia. I moved 6 months ago and need to do another oil change soon.

Where I was the weather would be at it's highest 25 and would get to -5 at night however most days would be between 15 in the day and 5 at night

I only use recommend oils from what the manuel tells me. 15-40 is what I have always used but I could also have used 10-40 or 15-50

any of them would be fine,

Edited by techno