Something that ALL Sportivos should read and know

coladuna

My 2cents worth guys.  - From South Africa

I actually think they purposely did it cause the pre-facelift had a bad reputation of not delivering claimed power.  I know two guys which have the new spec, there cars are very similar to the pre-facelift model which had the ECU upgrade and airbox change (like my one).  THe one guy had a pre-facelift and now bought a face-lift, he has done some mileage and he feels the car is very similar ... if not the same.

It peevs me to no end when these articles talk about how the power has improved so dramatically ... yeah right  :huh:

i agree with you there mate they always do it

same as mitsu lancers with there new extra 20kw my mate has one and he had an older one he said they still drive like dogs balls and it does feel a little it quicker but not as much as they hyped it up to be

the only reaosn he bought it was cus he likes the shape and he traded for a new one cus of how much they said the power gains and performance gains are

he said it isnt really overly alot

holden does it with there commie range all dealers talk it up even thow the difference is only minimal

maybe they do it so that people actually notice the difference otherwise they might not notice lol

My 2cents worth guys.  - From South Africa

I actually think they purposely did it cause the pre-facelift had a bad reputation of not delivering claimed power.  I know two guys which have the new spec, there cars are very similar to the pre-facelift model which had the ECU upgrade and airbox change (like my one).  THe one guy had a pre-facelift and now bought a face-lift, he has done some mileage and he feels the car is very similar ... if not the same.

It peevs me to no end when these articles talk about how the power has improved so dramatically ... yeah right  :huh:

i agree with you there mate they always do it

same as mitsu lancers with there new extra 20kw my mate has one and he had an older one he said they still drive like dogs balls and it does feel a little it quicker but not as much as they hyped it up to be

the only reaosn he bought it was cus he likes the shape and he traded for a new one cus of how much they said the power gains and performance gains are

he said it isnt really overly alot

holden does it with there commie range all dealers talk it up even thow the difference is only minimal

maybe they do it so that people actually notice the difference otherwise they might not notice lol

yeah that introduces an interesting aspect of vehicle and performance parts marketing. If people are told xxx will make their car faster or the new model commo does the 400m dash 1.5 sec quicker, people will believe the difference when they drive the upgraded/modified vehicle, because they are looking for the gains, when in many cases the differences are marginal if any.

Kind of the like the debate here over the performance gains of a CAI, personally i am not one to give a toss about numbers, even though they have a nice claim factor but i rate vehicle mods in terms of how it alters the drivability of the car. To me, dyno numbers/time slips etc, dont mean anything until i actually drive a car and am able to determine first hand what aspects of the vehicles performance are satisfactory.

• 10 months later...

Bump! I've just read through this thread and was wondering if anyone has conclusive knowledge that the facelifted sportivo do indeed come a much better torque curve, arriving low in the RPMs ? Thanks! If not, it will make shopping for a sportivo next year much easier... :D

Bump! I've just read through this thread and was wondering if anyone has conclusive knowledge that the facelifted sportivo do indeed come a much better torque curve, arriving low in the RPMs ? Thanks! If not, it will make shopping for a sportivo next year much easier... :D

They are all the same. 03 04 05 all the same. There are a few small differences, that's it. Nothing drastic. I think the two micks would back me up on this.

They are all the same. 03 04 05 all the same. There are a few small differences, that's it. Nothing drastic. I think the two micks would back me up on this.

Cheers bADbOYz, good info to know if i should shop for one :)

Cheers bADbOYz, good info to know if i should shop for one :)

Not a prob ;) The only 2zz powered corolla I know of that is totally different in the world it the TTE Compressor Corolla (2zz Supercharged @ 160kw, 210nm of torque).

03,04 and 05 are same pretty much. Now to decide whether you like the aggressiveness of the pre-facelift front or the class and style of the facelift front lol.