Hello guys ~ Looking to purchase a Toyota for my Gf

wind

Hello guys,

I'm New to this forum and i dont know much about Toyota (Except their reliablilty :P)

Bit of intro : I lived in Sydney and looking to purchase 07-08 Toyota Yaris for my gf.

Is there anythings that I need to look out for on this car ?

Cheers,

Erwin

How many km's does it have on it?

If you are concerned, get inspected by a reputable mechanic (not RACQ/NRMA/etc) and have them give you a report.

Personally i would be aware. With the amount of odometer tampering that goes around, (Saw it happen on another car forum, someone sold a n16 turbo with 260,000 k's on it, showed up on ebay 2 weeks later with 90,000 on it) Sometimes carhistory.com.au will show up known odometer readings.

Thats just my opinion :)

I wouldn't be too concerned about odometer tampering on a Yaris. It definitely happens on a lot of imports or performance cars though. (This is not me saying it DOES NOT HAPPEN, it does. Just on a Yaris? Extremely unlikely.)

Yaris is a great choice, my 20y/o female cousin has one (2006 model) and she loves it. She does a lot of dirt road driving and the car hasn't had any issues in the 2 years driving it in the rough.

Otherwise if you have a family member or friend that's a bit of a mechanic get them to check the cars out with you.