My dual fuel 2007 Aurion is not starting up, please help!!

deep032

Hi Guys,

My after market LPG converted Aurion was low on petrol and now declining to start up. (has enough gas though)

i have put roughly 7 ltrs petrol in it (using Jerry Can), still not starting. sounds like the auto starter is not working either. this has also caused my clock to reset. any HELP please????

thanks for your reply, but already had battery checked, no issue whatsoever.

i reckon since it was completely empty on petrol, it is failing to start. but i put in 7 ltrs petrol. still not starting. and i dont hear any cranking noise. any idea?

took it to a mechanic and they hooked up to a computer, no fault codes shown. just did major servicing at 90k in feb. its 92k now

most aftermarket LPG systems are set up to start on petrol then switch to LPG after about 10 seconds or so. They usually dissable the injectors but the fuel pump will continually run, If you ran the fuel tank dry you could of burnt the fuel pump out, It should still start but will have a longer crank cycle. but if it doesnt crank at all maybe you have a starter issue aswell

most aftermarket LPG systems are set up to start on petrol then switch to LPG after about 10 seconds or so. They usually dissable the injectors but the fuel pump will continually run, If you ran the fuel tank dry you could of burnt the fuel pump out, It should still start but will have a longer crank cycle. but if it doesnt crank at all maybe you have a starter issue aswell

in that case what do I do? will a jump starting work? manual says that the boosting battery need to be 12V. how can I be sure that the battery is 12V? my mates cat is corolla seca '97. what sort of battery does that one have?

appreciate your help mate.

All car batteries are 12 volt,Its the cranking amps,CCA which varies. Bigger engine need more cranking amps.When jump starting the donor car must be running, when running the charging voltage will be approx 14 volts. let the car run for a couple of minutes so your battery can absorb some charge. Make sure you use surge protected jumper cables, If you dont and it spikes you could fry your ECM. If your car now cranks over and still doesnt start there could be more issues present

thanks guys.

the problem was with my battery. i called road side and they jump started the car for me.

its going good now.

appreciate all your help.