Rear sway bar problem.. help please!

stedyedy

A for effort lol. Part number your after is 52204-33030 (LH), 52203-33030 (RH), $93.10 stock ex Melbourne warehouse. :)

Edited by Adamsy

I don't know if this would have had any part contributing to it but from the looks of the photos, did you use the white brackets that were supplied with the sway bar? They stopped sending them out on the newer batches because they don't fit right but if you got a sway bar from the older stock, you would have gotten those brackets.

The white ones they used to supply were not bent at the right angle so if you did use those, I'm surprised how both surfaces of the bracket look to be flush with points where they mount.

A for effort lol. Part number your after is 52204-33030 (LH), 52203-33030 (RH), $93.10 stock ex Melbourne warehouse. :)

Looks like its the REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER LOWER STOPPER from what I can see in the manual

Thanks guys will try and get the part tomorrow, hopefully someone in Sydney has it on hand

I don't know if this would have had any part contributing to it but from the looks of the photos, did you use the white brackets that were supplied with the sway bar? They stopped sending them out on the newer batches because they don't fit right but if you got a sway bar from the older stock, you would have gotten those brackets.

The white ones they used to supply were not bent at the right angle so if you did use those, I'm surprised how both surfaces of the bracket look to be flush with points where they mount.

Yes i used the brackets that were supplied but i think it is the older stock so i don't know what the deal is there

What were u suppose to do if the brackets didn't fit right?

CHeers

Looks like its the REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER LOWER STOPPER from what I can see in the manual

Thanks guys will try and get the part tomorrow, hopefully someone in Sydney has it on hand

Yes i used the brackets that were supplied but i think it is the older stock so i don't know what the deal is there

CHeers

I reckon you would be all kinds of lcuky to find any dealer with one of these on thes shelf. It's not someting that ever break or needs replacing lol. Also now you just use the OEM bush brackets. :)

Hey are the cracks supposed to be on the wall of the wheel arch?

I reckon that's just a build up of road grime and dirt? If not get those cracks checked asap.

I reckon that's just a build up of road grime and dirt? If not get those cracks checked asap.

That's what I thought too until i saw the 1st picture of the close up the crack is more pronounced. To the OP, I agree with Adamsy to have that checked out as well.

That's what I thought too until i saw the 1st picture of the close up the crack is more pronounced. To the OP, I agree with Adamsy to have that checked out as well.

You had me worried so i quickly just check and they are most definitely not cracks

img1192du.jpg

img1191lk.jpg

CHeers

I reckon you would be all kinds of lcuky to find any dealer with one of these on thes shelf. It's not someting that ever break or needs replacing lol. Also now you just use the OEM bush brackets. :)

I'll try my luck and when that fails hopefully with find the part from someone who is wrecking an Aurion and there not to far away.

Any suggestions i live on Sydney's North shore

I am embarassed to admit I am wrong in thinking the part I was talking about was the wheel arch. This part I have circled is what I am actually talking about. I can see a tiny crack on the top bit within the circle. A hairline crack. Dust may have hidden it but zoom in and you see what i am talking about?

post-18809-0-94609700-1340884698_thumb.j

I am embarassed to admit I am wrong in thinking the part I was talking about was the wheel arch. This part I have circled is what I am actually talking about. I can see a tiny crack on the top bit within the circle. A hairline crack. Dust may have hidden it but zoom in and you see what i am talking about?

That entire piece is broken though as per the original post. That small crack is as a result of the main break. I would imagine this crack isn't going to be an issue once the component is replaced.

On a side note, who fitted the RSB and how were the brackets attached (eg. rattle gun)? The ones UR used to supply were prett beefy and I would t imagine them to budge much of tightened up to the factory mounts. In that case, they could have been applying extra stress to the mounting points.

That entire piece is broken though as per the original post. That small crack is as a result of the main break. I would imagine this crack isn't going to be an issue once the component is replaced.

On a side note, who fitted the RSB and how were the brackets attached (eg. rattle gun)? The ones UR used to supply were prett beefy and I would t imagine them to budge much of tightened up to the factory mounts. In that case, they could have been applying extra stress to the mounting points.

I installed the RSB and i just used a normal ratchet,

If that is the case and the bracket isn't a perfect fit and could have helped cause the problem, what do you recommend? source an aftermarket bracket?

Cheers

If that is the case and the bracket isn't a perfect fit and could have helped cause the problem, what do you recommend? source an aftermarket bracket?

Now that I'm home and could have a good look at the photos, I don't think the brackets wouldn't have had anything to do with it. I was thinking that due to the fitment, it may have caused the RSB to sit in a different position to normal and potentially putting extra stress on the mounting points, but when I look at it now, it looks to be sitting in the right spot. As for what to use instead, no need to source anything else. Adamsy said it above:

... Also now you just use the OEM bush brackets. :)

Here's a couple of answers prepared earlier:

http://njerald.pixa....mages/16236686/

In this picture the guy has what seems to be a ultra racing white bracket. I never got this with my package. Was I suppose to or can I use the one on the car already?

Maaaatttttee. You worry too much:

Knocking heard after installed the rear sway bar

Did you re-use the original mounts that hold the sway bar bushes in? The white mounts that come with the Ultra Racing sway bar aren't bent at the proper angle and doesn't have a perfect fit if you try to use them and as a result, they may create some knocking.

dsc03756.jpg

I also used the original mounts for the bushes like Daryl did...