'99 GLi - seeking info and advice

vbmds

We've recently bought a '99 Tarago GLi and have some issues with it that I'm looking for advice/information on.

On the back door (rear) just under that glass; we have a cable with a plug on the end but which is hanging lose. There is a threaded hole on either side of the cable. What is the cable normally plugged into - High stop light unit?

The vehicle is fitted with an, alarm system/immobiliser/remote locking?, that appears to be factory fitted but which is inactive. We have a genuine Toyota Ignition key but that's it. I assume the alarm system was controlled by a separate remote unit in conjunction with the ignition key. Is it going to be possible to get new/after market remote units; and if so how would we go about it...without spending more than the vehicle is worth?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Have continued to investigate our Tarago and it seems that the rear door hanging wire is for a Type A High Stop unit. Now just have to find a wrecker with one :mellow:

Not so sure about the Alarm that appears to be installed. I've established that we have an Immobiliser system installed that works off/with the chip in the Ignition key - getting a new key was not cheap :blink:

So, although it appears we have an alarm installed, and it very well maybe a Toyota item, its an after-market unit. Investigation continues...

Edited by vbmds

Can someone post a picture of their Keyless Entry Remote for a TCR10 type Tarago ('90-'99) please...

I found a procedure for pairing remotes to Toyota's, so I'd like to give it a go with a replacement FOB.

• 2 years later...

Hi I realise this is an old post if you read this reply did you have any luck with programming a remote? and also did you manage to source a remote? I already have a remote but it is not working I can assume that it may need reprogramming. Regards Rob.