Kluger rolling forward while reversing

CROCO

Hi everyone,I just wondering does your kluger roll forward while reversing up slight slope, its can be bit tricky when reversing because you need to drive with two feet , you got to put your foot on the brake slightly while putting your foot on the accelerator,to stop it from rolling forwardI have never exsperienced that before while driving a auto, this is my fourth automatic car, all other autos I have driven your put them in reverse and take your foot off the brake and the car wont move until you accelerate, but when you put the kluger in reverse and take you foot of the brake the car will roll forward until you accelerate, I dont think theres anything wrong with transmission, but it can take a bit of getting used to,so I would like peoples thoughts about it, cheers david

Edited by CROCO

Hi everyone,I just wondering does your kluger roll forward while reversing up slight slope, its can be bit tricky when reversing because you need to drive with two feet , you got to put your foot on the brake slightly while putting your foot on the accelerator,to stop it from rolling forwardI have never exsperienced that before while driving a auto, this is my fourth automatic car, all other autos I have driven your put them in reverse and take your foot off the brake and the car wont move until you accelerate, but when you put the kluger in reverse and take you foot of the brake the car will roll forward until you accelerate, I dont think theres anything wrong with transmission, but it can take a bit of getting used to,so I would like peoples thoughts about it, cheers david

Hey,

Press the brake in hard for a few seconds and the hill hold will activate. It will beep to confirm activated. It works in both reverse and forward gears. It will then hold for few seconds on hills when you take your foot off the brake to allow time to put your foot on the accelerator.

Cheers

Edited by wilsact

Wilsact your champion mate, I thought the kluger had hilholder, I actually see the little light flash and hear the beep occasionary when driving in reverse and then into drive, I always wondered what it was, I thought it was the traction control, but now I know,I quess I should of read the owners manuel when I bought the car.

Now I know how the hillholder works it will make life easier when reversing up a slope, I feel a bit of a goose, I should of asked this question a long time ago., thanks once again wilsact your life saver. :)

Hi everyone, well I put the hillholder to the test and it worked like charm, I held the brake peddle on for a couple of seconds and waited to I heard the beep and let my foot of the brake and the car held like a champion, to I put my foot on the acelerator and it made reversing so much easier, so thanks again wilsact, hope I can help you out later with one of you questions mate. :)

I tried mine today no beep no hold nothing. Tried both way the car still roll back or forward. :( Doesn't apply to KXR 2WD?

just checked kluger brochure 2wd should equipped with Hill-start Assist Control(HAC) but not Down-Hill Assist Control(DAC). Guess mine doesn't work.

Hi loon, yeah mate the kxr should definately have (HAC) hillstart assist control, the (DAC) down hill assist control is only on awd models.

I surprised that the hillstart assist control didnt work for you mate?, how long did you hold the brake peddle for before you reversed or drove forward, I know with mine you need to hold the brake peddle for about 3,4 seconds before you hear the beep, a then can release the brake peddle and also you need to have in reverse or drive before the hill assist control will activate, rather than hold the brake peddle and try and listen for the beep before putting it in to gear, please dont think im having ago at you mate, im just curious :) .

Hi David, I tried again today and it does beep and light on. I didn't know I have to really press the brake hard enough to get the beep on. Thank god mine working. :)

Hi loon, thats excellent news mate :) , yeah I find on toyotas in generel you have to push the brake peddle down harder than other makes to get the brakes to work,but it could be me to, but its good that hill holder is working , it makes reversing out of a car park on a slope so much easier.