dash cluster lights not working

Elmzy

Hey - i own a 1992 ST184 2.2 Celica & i recently removed 6 of the main dash backing cluster lights for the speedo/gauges. before putting the cluster back i tested it and all lighting worked fine, then as i continued to put the cluster back in place the lights began to flicker and turn on/off then afterwards the lights would not turn back on again. checked the globes, and checked all fuses (made sure the 15amp fuse labled "gauges" was fine) now all gauge lighting doesnt work and only half the dash lighting comes on eg temperature adjustment switch back lighting works but the fan control back lighting does'nt ect. anyone have any idea on what occured here? - thanks ^_^

thanks for the input but yeh the dimmer works fine, it changes the brightness of the remaining working dash lights eg temp switch backlighting - the globes are deff not blown, the dimmer is fine and the fuses are fine so im finding it difficult to diagnose the issue for the gauge lighting not working, its frustrating to drive at night considering i cannot see what speed im going..

check the connections to the cluster. maybe there is something loose on the wiring or dirty... its a bitch but u may have to check that all the globes u put in are the correct voltage and clicked in etc again...

The wiring and 12V will need to be checked with a multimeter.***** Smiths sells cheap beginner multimeters for about $10.

Also clean connectors with a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol.

Check crimped wiring inside connectors.