Stupid dash

Hello.

I joined the club in order to fix the dash in my girlfriends rolla.

It's a 2001 corolla conquest and as pictured the dash has popped out of it's hole. I have tried to push it back in but it just keeps coming out. I am worried that I will break something using excessive force.

Can anyone please advise how I can get it all back in place so it does not make noise and bug us while we drive.

Thank you very much

post-29823-0-97936700-1346146135_thumb.j

Does it come off all the way?

Can you take a picture of the back side of it?

There should be nothing but clips holding it in, so if it doesn't go in when you push it don't force it

Its probably a bent or missing clip

There's 2 things that can happen to that trim surround when re-fitting. If the vinyl from the dash has dropped down it might be caught in a clip stopping the trim piece from going into place correct. More likely though is that the surround is caught on the bottom of the stereo unit. Try pressing down on the plastic right in front of the stereo head unit whilst you are pushing the trim surround back into place, it should slip under the head unit allowing the whole piece to fit back in correctly.

Note: Try pulling the whole piece out first and make sure that the head unit is bolted in securely. then go through the above...