Radio Reception

Romp

Anyone notice when listening to their radio it has a crackle every now and tehn? i live in sydney near the city with the stock antenna and cd player but get a crackle every now and then.

funny thing I noticed last night...

I've got an emergency fluoro light in my car that I used to check a few things under my car in the garage last night. I got back in the car with it in order to unplug it from the 12V plug and found the radio became REALLY crackly. As soon as I had unplugged it and the light was off... the reception was crystal clear!!!

Anyway... back on topic...

Where in Sydney does it happen, perhaps you are finding black spots...?

since day 1, ive had the worst FM reception imaginable.

sometimes even AM is better than FM. at first i thought it may have been a faulty antenna, but toyota were certain it wasnt... just bad reception

i live about 15km out of melbourne city.... WTF?? :blink:

take a look at the surroundings...

things like hills, large buildings, and srong magnetic fields from high voltage powerlines all affect the FM band. The distortion is greater due to the shorter wavelengh of the broadcast signal on FM.

things like hills, large buildings, and srong magnetic fields from high voltage powerlines all affect the FM band. The distortion is greater due to the shorter wavelengh of the broadcast signal on FM.

maybe if everyone's car had the crackle in my area then fine ... but only i get the crackle :S its a really short intermittent crackle like every 30 secs

maybe if everyone's car had the crackle in my area then fine ... but only i get the crackle :S its a really short intermittent crackle like every 30 secs

Romp, my car's radio does not receive signals probably since day 1, I seldom can get a CLEAR channel to listen to, so I just BURN heaps of CDs and listen to it. :angry: <_<

Romp, my car's radio does not receive signals probably since day 1, I seldom can get a CLEAR channel to listen to, so I just BURN heaps of CDs and listen to it. :angry: <_<

ah ok .. thought was just me but seems like a few people have the same issue

i agree totally, my FM is **** in melbourne, i live in eastern suburbs, and drive into the city to melb uni, and it is crap. it has to be the antenna i reckon. nova is the worst but they all do it. it has been happening the since day one of having the car. im with you cooley, plenty of mp3 cds <_<

• 1 year later...

i know its a long time since last post on this topic but i need to vent.... my radio reception is **** house in melbourne on all FM stations from nova to fox fm. its just constant little crackles and ticks on all radio stations......i live 25km from CBD and drive into kew (5km from CBD) daily for work and its bad where ever you are......thinking of going into toyota and complaining or is there ne type of amplifier i can get to increase clarity of reception ?.......****s me as sometimes cant be ****** downloading and burning MP3's

cheers

(2005 upgrade sportivo)

Maybe you have a bad ground for the antenna circuit, is it still under warranty?

Try pulling the HU out and cleaning the HU to ant wire contacts with contact cleaner and also doign the same with the antenna itself.

if that doesn't help perhaps an inline signal booster might be needed...