Touch up paint?

leonG-

My aurion just got scratched on the passenger door. I dont think i can buff it off cause the white colour paint has totally gone off. Any ideas on how to fix it? I dont have a touch up paint with me but is the touch up paint really a good thing to go for the scratches like that? I think probably some stupid shopper park their car beside my aurion and they just dont give a **** and then BANG to my car door.

zzz... Hate those peoples that dont care about others ride.

My Aurion is black, I have the genuine touch up paint that came with the car, all touch ups that have a small brush do stand out a bit but if you fill the scratch then lightly polish over the touch up paint and around it you may get it back to a even finish and the polish may restore the faded paint, but then you could have a good spot unless you want to cut and polish the whole car to restore the paint. Most car shops can tell you what polish would work best, Macguires have pretty good stuff & I'm happy using it for the interior also their cleaners & protectors are good I find, I have used it on my current car and the 2 I had before it but some people like other brands. I bought one of the pens off the tv that they advertise that do any colour, it works ok if the scratch is thin and you can see a raised coating where the scratch was but the colour matches well, it may flatten out when I give it a polish, those pens aren't cheap though. Around $60 with postage.

G'day LeonG

I share you pain mate, whenever I return to my car I always walk around it to see if some a-hole has scratched it or smacked their door against mine. For minor scratches and scuffs I use Repo paint doctor http://www.superchea...835#Description and then a bit of touch up paint which you can pick up from auto stores or Toyota for around $10. I highly recommend Repo paint doctor, you'll be amazed how well it works to remove scratches and scuffs.

Is the scratch on your car is result of someone banging their door against it or driving by and scratching it? Sounds like a pretty serious door bang if it has removed all the paint. I've had door scruffs before as a result of some monkey banging their door against mine and the repo paint doctor pretty much fixed it completely.

Good luck with you repair job.

Edited by Kombi17