New hilux vs 10/11

Hey guys!

I'm looking for some advice on if I should buy a brand new hilux off the show room, or just go second hand. We are expecting our first baby so thought we would splurge, also my partner is a plumber.

From all the reviews I have checked out they have said they are pretty decent but so much money *cringe*.

I've had friends tell us just get a mazda or navara, and even me being a rotar girl know toyotas never break ;)

Any help would be great!!! Thank you

Hi mazda girl welcome to the forum, Personally if you can aford to pay a little extra, I would go new, reason being what they want for second hand hiluxes and the kms they have travelled for the money is just ridiculous, but the reason is there so sort after, they are a great ute, thats reliable and tough and even after all the newer more modern utes that have been realesed since the current model hilux , there still my pick of the utes in my oppinion, I how ever like the new mazda bt 50, the new 3.2 5 cylinder turbo diesel is perler, I took one for a drive and Im v6 petrol man and I was blown away how well they go,I would give the navaras a miss there a piece of rubbish I have spocken to a number of unhappy owners that wished they had kept there hiluxes and not bought the navara, Im probadly biased, but I still love the hilux.