problems with stivo

Hey Guys..

I know this might not be on the right topic but it still got to do with a thing i have on my 2 1/2 week old Sportivo....

I have found that under light acceleration, between 2000rpm 3000rpm, there is a "spraying noise"...its really hard to explain...i've noticed it ever since i picked it up...

the sound can be explained in so many ways...eg "spraying noise", "light pinging", "loose chain noise" , "metal grinding"..... not too sure what it is.... :huh:

I'm gonna get it checked out at first service....but has anyone had this experience?

Also...there may be a problem with my clutch...the other day when i decided to give it to my car...i felt some sort of grind and vibration on my clutch pedal...felt like i wasn't pushing the clutch far enough or i'm pushing the clutch too slow..is this the problem everyone been complaining about with their clutches? :blink:

and by the way....i've only used Synergy 8000 (mobil) and Optimax.... car felt slightly better with Optimax....Gotta try BP Ultimate on my next tank.

Edited by GTiR88

Hey Guys..

I know this might not be on the right topic but it still got to do with a thing i have on my 2 1/2 week old Sportivo....

I have found that under light acceleration, between 2000rpm 3000rpm, there is a "spraying noise"...its really hard to explain...i've noticed it ever since i picked it up...

the sound can be explained in so many ways...eg "spraying noise", "light pinging", "loose chain noise" , "metal grinding"..... not too sure what it is.... :huh:

I'm gonna get it checked out at first service....but has anyone had this experience?

Also...there may be a problem with my clutch...the other day when i decided to give it to my car...i felt some sort of grind and vibration on my clutch pedal...felt like i wasn't pushing the clutch far enough or i'm pushing the clutch too slow..is this the problem everyone been complaining about with their clutches? :blink:

and by the way....i've only used Synergy 8000 (mobil) and Optimax.... car felt slightly better with Optimax....Gotta try BP Ultimate on my next tank.

I think you got the gear cable noise everyone has, we gt a recall doen on that but it comes back after a while.. There is a DIY method to fix it though by using cable ties but i was told by Toyota it is not recommended (funny enough the diy method was done by toyota) so i have just gotten used to the sound now..

And how many km/s u got on your car being 2 1/2 weeks old? The stock Stivo clutch is not worth a mention imo, although i blame poor installation for the problems.

Z

Hey Guys..

I think you got the gear cable noise everyone has, we gt a recall doen on that but it comes back after a while.. There is a DIY method to fix it though by using cable ties but i was told by Toyota it is not recommended (funny enough the diy method was done by toyota) so i have just gotten used to the sound now..

And how many km/s u got on your car being 2 1/2 weeks old? The stock Stivo clutch is not worth a mention imo, although i blame poor installation for the problems.

Z

i've done 1300km's...averaging just under 500km's per week....

the sound is annoying...i'll get toyota to fix the noise at the 1st service...other then that the car is sweet...

I've noticed today that there is a tapping noice from the engine bay at idle...funny enough when you clutch it...the sound goes away... ever heard of this before???

Hey Guys..

Z

i've done 1300km's...averaging just under 500km's per week....

the sound is annoying...i'll get toyota to fix the noise at the 1st service...other then that the car is sweet...

I've noticed today that there is a tapping noice from the engine bay at idle...funny enough when you clutch it...the sound goes away... ever heard of this before???

Hi guys, it has been about 3 weeks since i got my sportivo(been enjoying every bit of it). and the car has since done 1500kms, noticed this buzzing noise just as i accel past 2000rpm and if i keep the revs at 2000rpm i get this horrible buzzing noise in the cabin.

Cant seem to figure out where this noise is comming from. when i poped in today, the Service guys couldnt figure it out too. they said it shouldnt be the gear cable noise as it "should" have been fixed in the face lift model... but anyways, they will check it on tuesday when they have more time to figure it out.

Any of you guys encounted such problems? :(

Did you have your A/C on??

Nope...A/c off....Fans off....wierd...car booked in for service next thursday...

Did you have your A/C on??

Nope...A/c off....Fans off....wierd...car booked in for service next thursday...

That noise is normal according to a Technician from Toyota Australia HQ.

He explained it to me but I forgot what he said. You'll notice that it gets louder when the engine is under heavier load. (eg. hot days, A/C on, headlights on, etc)

When I first heard the noise I was almost certain that there was something wrong with the car but now I do think it's just the characteristics of the car.

Hi

From what I hear and I have the same problem with adding a Sportivo Muffler in a Camry. Mine has lost bottom end power and I did a re-set of ECU, things were good for a few days and then things got sluggish down the top bottom end again.

I hear that Unicip is the way to go after exhaust mods as you need to change the fuel curve. :unsure:

Also change the airfilter to one with better breathing like a K&N.

Let me know what you guys have heard. :)

thanks for your input coladuna and rollamods....the sound at idle is not of much concern and is intermittant.

I would like to sort that "grinding" "spraying" "loose chain" etc etc noise during acceleration sorted out...

thanks for your input coladuna and rollamods....the sound at idle is not of much concern and is intermittant.

I would like to sort that "grinding" "spraying" "loose chain" etc etc noise during acceleration sorted out...

As for that noise, the tech guy said it sounds similar to the gear selector cable noise (I haven't heard this noise before so I can't comment on whether it sounds similar or not) so they'll replace the gear selector cable to the latest spec.

According to him, Toyota Australia tried out three different types of gear selector cables to select one that doesn't make the noise.

However, he did say that there's no guarantee that it will make the noise go away. I think it's just another characteristics of the car, which I didn't accept in the beginning but now I don't mind it that much.

As for that noise, the tech guy said it sounds similar to the gear selector cable noise (I haven't heard this noise before so I can't comment on whether it sounds similar or not) so they'll replace the gear selector cable to the latest spec.

According to him, Toyota Australia tried out three different types of gear selector cables to select one that doesn't make the noise.

However, he did say that there's no guarantee that it will make the noise go away. I think it's just another characteristics of the car, which I didn't accept in the beginning but now I don't mind it that much.

yeah, well...if my problem is the gear select cables...and if nothing can be done..i guess i need to turn up the stereo! ;)

Let's see what the service guys have to say at the 1st service.... :blink: