Tarago cruise control

Chapmam1

Is it possible to fit genuine Toyota cruise control to a 2005 ACR30R Tarago and if so, what parts would I require.

I have spoken to a dealership who said it wasn't possible but I refuse to believe dealerships as I used to work for BMW/ Mercedes ones!

Is it possible to fit genuine Toyota cruise control to a 2005 ACR30R Tarago and if so, what parts would I require.

I have spoken to a dealership who said it wasn't possible but I refuse to believe dealerships as I used to work for BMW/ Mercedes ones!

The problem is the cost. You need the steering wheel, the cc stalk, plus the modified clock spring. I'm not sure if the Tarago with CC has a different ECU or additional CC electronics. Also some have a mechanical throttle and some have electronic.

I know the 2005 Estimas which have an electronic throttle will accept same aftermarket kit as the Camry.

http://www.teoc.ws/c...age__hl__cruise Post 18 on describes the aftermarket unit.

Be aware this for an Estima (Japanese import Tarago) so it may not be possible on a local delivered vehicle.

I would check with some of the aftermarket CC suppliers as they may have a solution.

Edited by robmac1

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike other manufacturers, Toyota doesn't seem to like putting the wiring in the harness for optional extras like cruise control which makes it a bit of a pain to retrofit. I've sourced a genuine kit from an Avalon to fit in my 2001 Estima but have yet to make up a wiring harness.

Thanks for the feedback, I have inquired about aftermarket kits but with them the cc stalk is 150mm long and will interfere with the gear lever when turning the steering wheel. They do have a flat panel mounted cc control but I wanted it to look as original as possible.

I'd need a complete wiring loom, or to manufacture one and as you say, a steering wheel surround and modified clock spring to name a few.

My feelers are out for a written off ACR30R that I can purchase parts from.

Regards

Chapmam1

To playwme

What does the Avalon kit consist of?

Chapmam1

See post #11 in this thread. http://www.teoc.ws/c...age__hl__cruise

Also see post #18 which states the stalk isn't OEM Toyota.

The images are attached.

This was fitted to 2004 JDM Estima Import

post-30305-0-63473700-1351496260_thumb.jpost-30305-0-04272600-1351496282_thumb.j

Edited by robmac1