Corolla manual gearbox issues

Hi

I bought corolla sports manual last year. I am having trouble with the gearbox. Shifting into 2nd gear is a nightmare. Also when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it cause notchy noises. Its feels like gearbox is full of gravels.

I checked with dealers with 4-5 times but no one is looking into. Its seems to me as the car is under warranty they are not going to make any money out of this. Has anyone else got any trouble with manual corolla.

cheers

Does it happen all the time? If so take it to another dealer and drive it with the service manager in the car and show him..

Do not leave it there for them to drive they will just write NFF .. No fault found

Thanks mate.

It happens on and off. Sometime my car drives like the best car in the world and at other time its the worst which is more anoying.

I have been to 2 dealers now. but they said its all normal. I also managed to record a video when the car is parked you can clearly hear the noise in there. But these guys are terible to deal with.

cheers

Edited by mavin232

Yeh they will either say let the problem develop so it accurs when they drive It or there's no problem at the moment

It's tricky because they may say they can't find the problem because it could be multiple things so let it develop to source one problem..

Might be clutch not disengaging, clutch fluid loosing pressure in the middle of a gear change causing crunchin master or slave cyl, syncros, get ma drift

clutch master pushrod needs adjusting

it wont be fully disengaging the clutch, causing the input shaft to not slow down enough for the shifts and crunching the gears/syncro's.

Hi guys, I have a couple mate's who have owned sportivo's & they have said that it's a really common problem amongst sportivo's. The gears between 2nd & 3rd start to crunch after the car does more then 160,000 -180,000 kms.

My 3 mate's that have owned sportivo's got the gearbox replaced with an aftermarket sports gearbox & also replaced the clutch with a heavy duty clutch. The most common clutch was an Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch.

Mine hasn't had any problems yet but I am expecting the problem in the next couple years..

Toyota did a great job with everything in this car except the gearbox.

And also, what CHA54 is saying is another great solution as well! I haven't heard of that solution but the problem can be fixed by that. Just consider it if it's a good long term solution for the car! :)

clutch master pushrod needs adjusting

it wont be fully disengaging the clutch, causing the input shaft to not slow down enough for the shifts and crunching the gears/syncro's.

Does only a Toyota Dealer do this or can any mechanic do this?

Edited by ParvezK

Thanks Guys

I am having this trouble from the time i bought this car. My car has only done 12000. I am too scared of taking the on a long drive with this trouble. I did a a lot of research and found that this gearbox has troubles and in some cases transmission was replaced. The dealers over here are not even ready to look into this. One dearler asked me to drop the car for a couple of days so that their technician can take it home and use it to see what is causing the trouble.

I am not comfortable with this idea at all. I don't know how these technicians will drive the car. I will be trying for the last time when my car service is due then i will be lodging a formal complaint with the fair trading.

cheers

Hi Guys

Watch this video on youtube which is a review on corolla vs mazda.

Watch and listen carefully at 1:40 seconds this guys says the gearbox is clunky and it seems like shifint gears in gravels.

cheers

Thanks Guys

I am having this trouble from the time i bought this car. My car has only done 12000. I am too scared of taking the on a long drive with this trouble. I did a a lot of research and found that this gearbox has troubles and in some cases transmission was replaced. The dealers over here are not even ready to look into this. One dearler asked me to drop the car for a couple of days so that their technician can take it home and use it to see what is causing the trouble.

I am not comfortable with this idea at all. I don't know how these technicians will drive the car. I will be trying for the last time when my car service is due then i will be lodging a formal complaint with the fair trading.

cheers

That's really very odd if you ask me, I guess the workers at the dealership are very lazy!

Which area are you in? I might be able to help you out buddy. Private message me about this!

Hi mate

I am in Ashfield, NSw.

I have been to truscotts, phil gilbert and chatswood toyota. All crap dealers.

Please see my video at http://youtu.be/EddvA5gNTuA and advise if it is ok to live with this trouble.

Cheers

Edited by mavin232

Try calling Toyota in Warwick Farm, they're near Liverpool. Give them a call first & see what they say, it'll save you the trip if you go there & they don't want to service you. If they can't help you then give Toyota in the city a call since they're the leading Toyota dealer in NSW.

Warwick Farm is named "Peter Warren Toyota".

Number: (02) 9828 8944

Address: 1/13 Hume Highway. Warwick Farm

Sydney City Toyota.

Number: 02) 9690 9999

Address: 824 Bourke Street. Waterloo NSW

If NONE of the Toyota dealer's then I guess you'll have to go to a private mechanic but that'll void the warranty wouldn't it?

Edited by ParvezK

Hi

I called both the dealer even send the video with noises but they need to test drive the car. I already have 4 test drives with different dealers and no one is fixing. just a waste of time.

thanks