YN67 dually with Timing issues.

ok so im new here and new to 4Y motors. (last one was a corona engine that cracked a head and block and lived a ok life)

1987 dual cab hilux with 4Y motor and 4x4 . But im having timing/pinging issues.

threw a timing light on it and at idle its at 2* and a slight rev sees it advance to 20 odd.

the main issue im having is the pinging when over 80 and either hitting a harsh head wind or a incline.

the 4y is no power house but chuffs along fine at 3k rpm at 100.

the dizzy has 2 vac ports on it that are looped together however. ( will post pics later once phone and laptop agree again)

Im just confused at where to start so hoping someone has a fair idea.

2nd part of my question is what do people recommend as a motor swap for the hilux. have seen the kits avail for a 253/308 engine swap( bellhousing modded , mounts etc ). Im biased in keeeping it petrol as i know petrol engines and dropping a holden into it suits my style ( have a nissan RB powered late model holden drift car underway )

my dads had a few 22r corona's and found the EFI to be an issue but loves the carby version so i may consider that road yet, depending on what advice is around. Car will more so be a run around tow car with occasional weekend expeditions into the wild so a tuned 253 would probably suit my needs best but im open to most ideas.

Cheers in advance,