ESTIMA Importation - Transit Insurance

Hi Guys

I am currently thinking about importing an Estima ACR30 and was wondering if any forum members had done the same.

In particular, I would like to know what insurance (if any) did you take out to cover tthe vehicle from the moment you bought it to once it was landed and complied.

This would be to protect it from any theft, damage or lost until you took out normal insurance once it was registered and on the road in Australia.

If anyone has already imported a vehicle and had it insured - perhaps you could share how much it cost, what it actually covered and if there was any company that you might recommend based on your experience.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

You pay all insurance for&during the transit, once it lands here, customs clears it, you pay any port or custom charges, you simply register it and purchase insurance like a normal car.

If you are going to store it, you will be asked to pay fees which generally covers the car with insurance whilst its under the warehouse. Which of course is only for a limited period.

This was all from the custom course i took. However you must go through a broker to lessen the complications of things as to which they will further explain.