Do i need to buy a spare wheel

chris1991119

do you mean legally? As long as the wheel fits the car and has tread it will pass rwc.

However, the 15in has about a 6% different rolling diameter, meaning its smaller. This could potentially be dangerous handling wise (especially if put on the front of the vehicle).

I would be getting a wheel the same size as the others if I were you, and if you do choose to use the 15, make sure you put it on the back of the car (even if you blow a front tyre, swap a 17 to it and put a 15 on the back).

Technically you do not have to have a spare in the car for a roadworthy, however, if you do it must be in a roadworthy condition. The spare still must be the same overall rolling diameter as Mick said.

In my opinion, I wouldn't worry about it unless you do a lot of long trips

I was riding on 3 17s and a 14 inch space saver for a week, car was scary to drive at times but that was probably due to the way i drove it and it being a spacesaver and having no grip at all

In the end, the spare is a spare, you put it on if you get a puncture or something, drive home and then get it fixed asap

thanks guys,

I think I will just leave it for now, cus I am going to change all 4 tires in bout another 3-6 months. Just surfing around for a good price -_-

I only drive about 2 times a week to Gold Coast (100-200km) and back, so I should be OK for now

Edited by chris1991119