Repairing dash in Aurion Sportivo

zendainc

Hi Folks,

I've got a 2008 Aurion SX6 and I accidentally caused a little damage to the dash while working on the head unit.

Toyota have quoted me $730 for a new panel to replace it, however I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to repair it.

Another alternative would be to buy a non genuine part I guess. If anyone has any suggestions of a good dealer?

post-23997-0-53547100-1353376169_thumb.ppost-23997-0-11746500-1353376161_thumb.ppost-23997-0-21763600-1353376152_thumb.p

Hmmm, don't tell me you used a flat head screw driver to open that part up? You do know it can open up with just your hands if you grab on it and pull it by digging some nails into the top and pulling.

Also, damn man. I can tell your car ain't that clean.. Look at that dash, it's dusty as! :lol:

The cheapest option would be this maybe:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-AURION-2006-ON-NEW-GREY-DASH-MAT-/290814382597?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b5e35205

Yeah it's pretty dusty.

I was careful when I pulled the head unit out, but I wasn't careful of the metal frame underneath when I was checking out the plugs on the back.

Carelessness on my part really.

What area are you in or willing to travel too? I have used a guy to do some vinyl repair work on the doors of the car and he did a good job on it. He travels around but lives in Warner. Does a lot of car yards around so he may get close to you in his travels. So long as you are in the brissy area.

Other than that there are a few of them popping up at the wreckers now

Edited by SirNed

I'm in Central Queensland, but it could be worth looking into getting him to take a look when I'm down Brisbane way next.

Might take a look around the local wreckers as well. Haven't been there since back when I had a Falcon.

I think ChrisE2490 has a whole ATX interior he is parting out, I grabbed a bit off him a while ago. might be worth hitting him up a PM to see if he still has that part of the dash, for alot cheaper then new id imagine :)