New Member as of today. Car is a Toyota Corolla Hatch 2011.

jsta

New Member as of today. Car is a Toyota Corolla Hatch 2011.

I'm from Perth, Western Australia.

My previous car was also a Toyota Corolla Hatch that I owned for 17 years.

Posted one other post in the Corolla section at:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/39258-bought-a-new-corolla-hatch-but-has-paint-stains-inside-the-car/

What a great forum this looks.

I've posted a few images but after about 6 hours they get deleted from the attachment box.

Am I doing something wrong please ?

I upload to the attachment folder but it doesn't seem to last there very long. I notice there are gallery folders.

Am I suppose to transfer the photos to these folders to keep themn from being deleted.

hey jsta, good to see someone else with the same car as me =] is it an ascent by chance?

Yes.

Toyota Corolla Ascent Hatch Automatic. Colour Tungston which I like for a colour but I notice they no longer use this colour with the newer models.

I like how when I am turning left and if a 4wd is turning right I can see through the windows of the 4wd to see if its clear so that I can turn left. My previous Toyota Corolla hatchback was much lower and all I ever saw was the 4wd doors.

I went Toyota Corolla hatch for two reasons. My previous Toyota lasted 17 years and these later ones are higher off the ground. The Hyundai's seem lower down like the new Toyota Corolla which looks I think better at the back but I prefer the front design on my 2011 Toyota Corolla.

I nearly went the sports model but decided the Ascent would suit me better as the Sports model had leather seats and here in Perth where the weather is mainly hot I didn't want my legs sticking to the leather seats so went the Ascent with the fabric seats.

My car is all black inside. Wish they would have used a cooler colour as my car gets very hot and I always have to have the air conditioner on.

Its taken a while to get used to I must admit. The gearbox took me a few monthsd to get used to especially at night where I would have to put the interior light on to see which gear to put the car into. My older Toyota had I think as easier gearbox where it was up and down where as you know with these it looks more like a manual gear stick going off sideways.

That steer lock button above the gearbox stick doesn't seem to have any purpose. If I press it, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does your one work ?

Ha ha, yeah agree with you on the gear selector, on my friends NEW 09 Levin, I though it was on reverse but it was in neutral, rolled forwarded and scraped the front plastic lip, let me tell you, she was not happy. Ha ha ha. Umm I haven't really had a lot of time to test out all the little things in my car. But yeah I had always wondered what that little button near the gear selector did. It's says shift lock. I assume you if you press it it keeps the car in the current gear its in. Maybe try it with the selector in 3 or 2 and see it or changes gear still. With seeing what gear the car is in, it should be in the little display thing in the cluster. Haven't driven mine in the dark yet. Lol I worked so had to get a car, bit due to work I don't even have time to drive it. Soon though, when uni starts up again. Mmmm so the sport version has leather seats, wonder how much a pair of those bad boys will cost forma wreckers, if I'm lucky enough to find one in the wreckers.

But yeah I had always wondered what that little button near the gear selector did. It's says shift lock. I assume you if you press it it keeps the car in the current gear its in.

Thats for moving it from "P" to wherever you want without starting the engine, lets say if you wanna push the car closer or something