Toyota Camry 1994 CSI - "HELP URGENT"

fscout

Hi, I live in Sydney and I'm looking after to buy my first car to drives me to my work and school. I don't have to much money to spend on a car, like: max. 2000 AUD. So looking around my neighborhood , I found a guy, who is selling a Toyota Camry CSI 1994 (4 cylinder) by that price. The car has approximately 270.000 KM and it seems to be in good conditions. However, I was informed by a friend that the 4 cylinder models are a little problematic. So, I'd like to ask you guys if this information is true, because I wouldn't like to spend my money in a big problem as I can't undo it. So, what are your tips to me???

Thanks

fscout

P.S.: Just for me own curiosity. How much would cost to install a rear set of parking sensor in this car?

Since you're in school i'm gonna assume you're probably on your Ps

Heres my 2c, learn to park without parking sensors or any other aid

The amount of people on the road who still scratch cars with parking sensors and reverse cameras is absolutely ridiculous already, so learn right the first time and you won't need parking sensors every again

The only cars which really need them are utes or vans since their rear visibility isn't great

Also I'd recommend waiting a week or two more to save up an extra 100-200 bucks, then find a local mechanic and get him to check out the car if you're very keen on it

As you're budget is limited already last thing you want to buy is a car which won't last more than a month, so spend a little more to have the piece of mind that you're buying something fairly decent