'91 blown headlight bulb

Penelou

The passenger side lowbeam bulb has blown in my Celica. I bought a suitable new bulb from SCA but can't figure out how to put it in. Most of what I've been able to find on the internet is either for other gens or say that the whole headlight has to be replaced (which I don't really want to do).

Can any one give instructions or direct me to some instructions on how to replace just the bulb?

I've never worked on a celica before but generally globes either screw out anti clockwise or have that little pin holder thing holding them in

Depending on how much room you have, you may either have to work from the top, undo the guard and try and reach from there or take the headlight off

It is kinda annoying, but here goes, put the lights in the up position then quickly turn the light stalk to off then back up quickly and it will make the head lights stay up, but not be on. This is when you need to take off the surronding plastic trim around the headlight and also the two screws holding it in, DO NOT remove the metal trim as it kinda holds it the correct position.Then you should be able to take out the whole assembly, then remove the connecter on the back and then remove the metal clip holding in the bulb, then reverse it really.

Hope it helps

Let me know if you need more help