Hi from wannabe Estima owner!

hey Guys

I am a huge Estima fan and am looking at purchasing a 2003 V6 Estima sooooon.. I am doing my study and have sooo many questions - about the right price, insurance, running costs, things I need to take care of while choosing the right one etc...and I hope to learn my answers here!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can save money on importing, thou i had an agent to help through the lengthy process. Yes it took me almost 4 months for whole process and not to mention some hiccups. If you have the patience and time to wait then go for it.

Hi my import experience for me wasnt smooth.. I had an agent (cost $1100+) to help me find what i wanted it was lengthy but he was good. Then shipping was, it was ok the lengthiest part was the compliance. I have learned that my agent had a middleman and mot directly to the compliance place. Then abit if hicup so all in all itcan take upto 5 months of processing . It save me yes was it worth it no. But i would do it again it just happen i got into the wrong people. Insurance wise i came across a forum thT racv does it not all company will insure imported cars. My advice look atound and test drive what you really like check all the specs as to prices dont pay more than 20k for upto 2003 and just get a pre purchase inspection.. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm about to finalise my first purchase of a 2003 Estima from a Melbourne based inport dealer. Pretty excited. It is unbelivable what you can get in comparison to local. 45,000 k and looks like it was driven on carpet its whole life. The private inspection guy couldn't fault it. Thrown in years warranty and 12months reg and for a bit extra cash swapping the audio/Vidio monitor over to a clarion ++ sorting out a tow bar. Service you wouldn't get close to anywhere else!! I'll keep posting my experience as I go.