Trunk Lid Not Working Help?

masasaki

So when I was installing my rear view camera I had to unscrew a few things to pull out the rear back where the badge is to a point where I could wire the camera through one of the holes. This was on the left side btw. I didn't even tamper with the locking mechanism on the right. And now when I try and pull the trunk button on the driver side (Obviously I know) it won't open. Any ideas? Need photos?

Well for me my cable somewhere along it stretched and can no longer open.

I just use the key lol

How do I fix that? Well I use my button on the key so it opens electronically but it's really irritating when the key is in the ignition and I have to take the key out press the boot unlock button and then start the car again. Any solution man?

Well I use the remote key too, really annoying how you have to pull it out and restart the car, I'm used to it now haha.

Only way is to buy a replacement cable, used from wreckers or new from Toyota parts.

Then take one end, tie together and pull it through to the other end. Hoping that works lol

I will hunt a cable down and try to fix , keep it touch

Well I use the remote key too, really annoying how you have to pull it out and restart the car, I'm used to it now haha.

Only way is to buy a replacement cable, used from wreckers or new from Toyota parts.

Then take one end, tie together and pull it through to the other end. Hoping that works lol

I will hunt a cable down and try to fix , keep it touch

Gay.....so its just a normal fault? Or is it because I screwed it up?

What happens when you turn the key in the lock, does it feel like it is connected to anything or turns freely? If the remote is working fine and not the key I would say that the rod from the barrel to the locking mechanism is disconnected, or one of the links in between. Retrace your steps and look between the barrel and mech and you will probably see the issue.

What happens when you turn the key in the lock, does it feel like it is connected to anything or turns freely? If the remote is working fine and not the key I would say that the rod from the barrel to the locking mechanism is disconnected, or one of the links in between. Retrace your steps and look between the barrel and mech and you will probably see the issue.

Not to sure man. I'll check it with a buddy of mine this weekend or something and see what happens, but at the moment everything is moving and in place, but I think there is this one wire that is loose and that's what I think is not allowing the trunk lid to open.

The key works fine in both directions, left to lock the boot, right to open the boot.

I believe he has the same problem as me.

Wen you pull the lever beside the drivers seat nothing happens.

I've had it checked and was told it was somewhere along the cable that's stopping it.

The cable was completely loose as he pulled on the cable and no retraction was felt,

Ie pulled and cable didn't resist or pull back

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!! It was a pretty simple fix and a stupid mistake. So I noticed that when you lock the boot with the key. You can turn it so that the key slot is either vertical or horizontal, and when it's horizontal the boot lid pull in the car won't work. So all I did was turn it back from horizontal to vertical and WO LA! IT WORKED! Maybe try that Van?