ABS and VSC warning lights and dash rattle!

growler

Ok, so these lights starting appearing every time i drive the car (06 ZR6) and my mechanic did a scan and came up with left front abs sensor.

$200 later for a new one and 3 days later warning lights are back again. Back to the mechanic who noticed some corrosion where the sensor plugs in to the CV/driveshaft? Cleans it up and all good for a week.

And now lights are back!

Any suggestions as this is really frustrating!!

Also, how much do Toyota roughly charge for the dash rattle fix - mine is coming from the passenger side tweeter - OR is there a reputable place in Sydney that can do it?

I've read through a lot of other posts and some of the issue is regarding clips - do they break and replace them with new clips?? If there is ONE thing which anoys me is dash rattle - first car was a Suzy Gti and after that, i wanted a solid dash!!!

Thanks all.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so these lights starting appearing every time i drive the car (06 ZR6) and my mechanic did a scan and came up with left front abs sensor.

$200 later for a new one and 3 days later warning lights are back again. Back to the mechanic who noticed some corrosion where the sensor plugs in to the CV/driveshaft? Cleans it up and all good for a week.

And now lights are back!

Any suggestions as this is really frustrating!!

Also, how much do Toyota roughly charge for the dash rattle fix - mine is coming from the passenger side tweeter - OR is there a reputable place in Sydney that can do it?

I've read through a lot of other posts and some of the issue is regarding clips - do they break and replace them with new clips?? If there is ONE thing which anoys me is dash rattle - first car was a Suzy Gti and after that, i wanted a solid dash!!!

Thanks all.

Mate I had the same issue on my trd and it was the actuator that was doing it the valve was stuffed go to Toyota they will sort it out.

$200 Ouch, normally most people in your situation I would return and tell the repairer that his diagnosis was wrong refund or fix. Sadly his got your money and you still have the problem.

I advise my mates to return to the dealer for most electronic issues, scared for problems like this happening.

Dash rattle fix is expensive aye, like about $400-$500 I assume.

I used to do it in like 4 hours with-out short cuts.

The clips don't break, they need added felt for the clip and applying foam to the top fire-wall where the dash touches it.

Speaking of witch, I think my Aurion needs the dash rattle fix too.